• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wheel Bearings

kzz1king

I am almost to 90k on stock bearings. Never had the seals open. They have always felt good. Thinking of replacing them at next tire change or al least pull the bearing seals. What have you found for wheel bearing life? Recommendations?

Wow! Great question. I was thinking it's was about time to change mine. I've got 75k but like u haven't noticed any chunkyness to them..

Wow! Great question. I was thinking it's was about time to change mine. I've got 75k but like u haven't noticed any chunkyness to them..
Not yet but I hear they can go fast . I am going to get them and either install or at least carry with on a long trip. Most limely just install at next change.

Guys, Muphs's has good quality bearings for reasonable prices - don't go Chinese if you can avoid it.

Order a o ring for cam sensor August 23, hasn't reach me yet. Do they have contact number besides email? No big deal just a question

I have a long professional history with bearings, everything from the engineering of them to real world applications. The C14 load capacity and endurance was spot on, as was the front for the 86-93 Connie, the latter models of the C10 you really need to do wheel bearings at every tire change. We sell a premium product for this application, and it commands a higher price. ;)

Sir, will do so in morning no big deal infact I believe there's 2 o rings required one located near spark plugs if not mistaken also I was on your site last night didn't see block off kit for 09 C14 I believe will be needing that of course will pay difference no problem My name is David Cruz I'm in Fargo,ND 701 850 6403 have a good night

Sir, will do so in morning no big deal infact I believe there's 2 o rings required one located near spark plugs if not mistaken also I was on your site last night didn't see block off kit for 09 C14 I believe will be needing that of course will pay difference no problem My name is David Cruz I'm in Fargo,ND 701 850 6403 have a good night
I don't believe I have heard of block off plates for a C14.

Thank you for your responce have a good day I'm a new owner C14 still learning about the bike different animal from my Gl1500

Glad this thread came up. I have around 20k on my 09’ and thought about replacing bearings at next tire change as a preventative measure. Sounds as though I can wait a while; however, will order a set from Murph to have on hand.

Just purchased 09 Aug 4 14,180 miles had to address some issues bike had lower link with center stand delete which I didn't catch until next day. So got all that handled finally. There's lot of good information on here guy name Ted and other name Fred to name a few have knowledge. You tube has some help videos.

I have a 140,000 on my original wheel bearings. I do carry a spare set in the tank bag. It now has become a how long will they go game.
I just pulled the front ones on mine with 90,000 and they're real good yet. Don't know if I'm going to do the rear but thought I'd get the front change anyhow.