• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: Baffelectomied cans or used Delkevics for C10

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
Title says it all. I wanna keep my stock cans stock. So if someone has some stock cans I can do a bafflectomy to and keep my cans, or if you have some Delks you wanna offload, I'm looking!

If you're close enough to DC (within about 200 miles), I'll ride to you and grab them.

Otherwise, let me know price+shipping to 20011.

Thanks!

-Z

XO. It is just your preference. What do you like best, What fits your bike best, I bought the 18 inch Carbon Fiber for a reason. It does not get hot like the stainless. You can ride for a hour and put your hand on the Carbon Fiber and it will not burn you. Try that with the stainless and you will have a severe burn. Pick what you like, size , shape, lenght, your choice.

Dean

I'm not familiar with them, but I imagine the longer the muffler, the quieter they are?

It looks like these kits all use the same mid pipes, with just different standard slip-on mufflers? That would explain how they can offers so many options, especially for a bike that hasn't been sold in almost 20 years.

I recall some c14 owners had some issues with the bottoms of the bags melting/deformity due to the can being short and the hot gas not clearing the bag. Cant remember if any c10 ow ers had reported similar results....fwiw

I recall some c14 owners had some issues with the bottoms of the bags melting/deformity due to the can being short and the hot gas not clearing the bag. Cant remember if any c10 ow ers had reported similar results....fwiw
Good reminder @Konehead34, however I believe that was more related to angle of the exhaust has exit due to possibly how the muffler was hung / mounted. Others shared similar length shorty pictures at the same time and that had no Ill effect.

Side note: That is another benefit of carbon fiber mufflers, no matter how hard we ride Blue the carbon fiber muffler never passes medium warm - AreaP CF muffler. Again I know the above is more related to gasses than metal but as stated - side

Edit - Just noticed @deanbuffington909409 mentioned the same on carbon fiber, I wasn’t intentionally trying to be redundant… lol. +1 Dean’s thoughts there.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Last edited:
Looking at all these, I'm REALLY tempted to get the 8 or 10 inch shortys.... Though I hope they won't be too loud.

How are the 14 and 18 inch compared to stock? In terms of volume? Are they a lot louder?

-Z

Unsure you’d need to research the other mfr’s to see if they have the same displayed but AreaP has the below on their web page for the Concours14.

I have the Full System and it is definitely louder than stock both idle and especially when hauling the mail. Been called a swarm of bees a few times.. lol (could be called worse I suppose :eek:).

Seems AreaP Slip-On is a little louder at idle but about the same as stock at 5000 RPM.
248EFB7B-F9FB-4377-A17D-A5B55E2C28F2.jpeg
Wayne, Carol & Blue

The shorter the can, the louder they are. Take the baffles out and they are even louder. The 8 or 10 inch shorties would be really loud. I have the 18" Carbon Fiber and without the baffle they are loud but not obnoxious.

I also have a mint set of stock cans that have the bafflectomy already performed that I may be willing to part with for the right price.

Doug. I saw your post about knowing better than to put your hand on the exhaust. I was wiping down the ZG 1000 in the garage after a short ride. I was sitting on a chair that rolled around and the exhaust was still hot, my inside leg touched the exhaust and for a moment I thought my wife was frying fish. But after i regained my senses I was the one that was doing the cooking on my leg. That was 6 months ago and my leg still has not healed properly yet. I think I learned my lesson.

Dean

I had stock pipes with bafflectomy.
One day we were didn't two-up, wife had bootd with sbout 3" heels. We kept smelling something burning...then we learned whsy it was.
Both heels ended up with nice scallops at the bottoms...I had fun getting that charred plastic off the chrome.
She got new boots.

I'll probably get the carbon fiber ones. I have burn scars on my right calf, right wrist, and left knuckle from various encounters with hot exhaust. As much as I like my scars (they give character), I'm not fixin' to get more....

😎

-Z

XO. If you can wait until Black Friday sales you can buy them direct from Delkevic for $50.00 dollars less and free shipping rt around $350.00 total. That is when I bought mine
18 inch Carbon Fiber. They will not burn you. Plus sound great also.

Dean