• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

023 to pr3 tires exercised in the Wisconsin alphabets

JS_racer

Street Cruiser
hey guys, i have run many sets of 023 stones and have been very pleased with them. well after another track day Friday, i had the pr3 tires installed. first noticed the pr3 sucks up small cracks and imperfections in the road better than the 023 does. the 023 felt harsher but not bad. The 023 have always performed great for me, aggressive, but no racer here. most of a weekend day is spent pounding the twisties on the Wisconsin alphabet roads. the pr3 felt every bit as good, nothing unexpected. i bought these a month or two ago just for a mileage comparison mainly. My 023 i would get say 4k out of a rear, and 6k out of the front.
my rear has been a 55 the last few tires, i will never want to go back to a 50. its just that much better for a guy that likes to turn. 

Joel

PS: also saw 2 c14 i think on O or something around there mid afternoon. red 09 and blue 10 i think. i was cookin pretty good with a few sport bike guys but I saw the point and wave. (i would like to hook up with riders not on 35 and 61 loop, lol)

well, got the rear on yesterday, pr3 in a 55. i can say this thing seems pointy vs the 023 55 rear. much higher peak, the 023 was more round. Also the rear seems softer, for absorbing road imperfections. sure hope these last, if not, i have "my" comparison.  :beerchug:
(was 800 miles mismatched, or 2 rides. tire was on hand, but that was almost a forth or third remaining. had to get the good out. if i was going on a trip, super easy decision, would have done both)
inner seal final drive leak may keep me from pounding twisties this weekend, but the seal and my appointment is for Monday. guess i have another thread to look at now, grrrr  38k on a 2 year old 09. mobil 1 every 5k with the oil change.

Joel