• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

08 Connie in Seattle, WA -- back in the saddle

SkorMT

Big Wheel
Well a brief bio about me, grew up in small town Montana, started riding at??.. 10 .. 12.. *shrug* .. young :) .. first motor toys were ATV 3 wheelers.. then I got my first 2 wheeler Yamaha 125 Enduro.. during the months when it wasn't freezing, me and that bike traveled a lot :) .. even though it's max speed was like 50 mph .. :) after the Military got myself a "little" yamaha Seca 650 Turbo .. Way fast.. fun bike.. probably too much speed for my overly heavy hand, but we had a few good years together before the Turbo puked.. college years .. of course.. were hard on my riding times.. as when the seca broke.. I couldn't afford to fix it.. so sold it to a friend.. and managed to get ahold of a old Honda CB ?? 750.. big bunch of iron .. :) but it and I never seemed to mesh all that well, and once I figured I was moving to NYC.. I gave it to my bro.. sooo.. LONG story longer.. :) .. it's been 10 years (little more maybe) since I've been on a bike.. got the bug.. been watching craigslist daily for like 3 months. stumbled on what I think is an incredable deal of a 08 Connie with 3 years left on the extended warrenty and not even 5k in miles for 9K :p .. .. and bag inserts to boot :) haven't gotten as many miles under me since I bought it 5/27 .. as I've been a little hesitant to ride in the rain.. but the couple days I have.. end with me grinning ear to ear.. Sooo glad to be back in the saddle again.. Louis

Welcome. I too started riding again after about a 30 year hiatus. A few years ago to a Nighhawk 750 and rode it for 12000 miles the first year then knew i needed a bigger bike. Picked up a 2001 connie in Last May and ride daily. Rain,shine, snow whatever. I think you'll fine this is an overall great bike. Lots of support and a great platform to build on.

Hi Louis! Welcome to COG. I run a couple of wrench sessions a year at our hse. in Laked Forest Park, its a great excuse to sit around gossip and laugh at folks leaking oil all over my garage floor :) You just missed the Bun Cooler in Kamiah ID but the Regional in Enterprise will be here soon enough. I also have a Ride over the passes this summer. Take a look in the calender from time to time for other events and check out past issues of the Club Magazine in the Library. Cheers Colin

Yeah, saw something about the Regional event, I might try to make that, we'll have to see what the summer brings. Got a "thumbs up" from one of the local shops (Lake City) that the used bike is in all good condition... only thing they noted was I'll probably have to replace the front tire in 1 - 2K .. which I'm guessing is stock.. and from what I've read is ideal anyways.. but might as ride it up more as I get use to the machine.. we got to spend some good quality time this past weekend wandering about north Seattle area... Will keep an eye out for rides for sure... .. have several local friends with different flavors of bikes that are all looking to get some miles under their seats..