• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

08 warranty transfer??

flying wasp

Bicycle
I posted yesterday that my 08 died while on a trip. I purchased the bike in may from an individual that I'm not sure that he was the original buyer? Does the 3 yr warranty follow the bike? I typed the VIN on the Kawasaki website and it said "your warranty expires on Nov 24 2011". This should be good news if it follows the bike and not just for the original owner.

Thanks

This is my understanding on the subject as stated in the quote below.  Also here's a good deal on buying and extended warranty (thanks to Man of Blues). That is as long as your not living in Florida!

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.0.html

AirplaneTim said:
Would also note that this deal is available to everyone whose bike is still under warranty, even if you are the third of fourth owner. 

You do not have to be the original owner of the bike to be able to make it work.  Doesn't matter what your local dealer says, as of right now anyway.

yes, the warranty follows the bike.  I am the third owner of a 08 connie. I had a rear seal leak.  All I did was go to kawasaki.com and sent them a copy of my bike registration. Now they know that I am the owner. The dealer fixed the leak at no charge.

might want to get this before yours expires, after it's out, you can't extend...
best spent $339 you will ever see.....
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.0.html

best of luck.

I just did this yesterday! Easy. Called Kawasaki customer service and they gave me the warranty fax number (949 460 5629). Sent them my bill of sale and a tax receipt.