• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

09 C14 Question

Gabriel

Bicycle
I'm looking at buying an 09 C14 tomorrow.
I had an 08 and sold it because I thought I needed a cruiser (duh).
I was a member here last year, but I could not get the site to recognize any of my old log in? (new server?).
Back to the 09, it has had the rotors and tire sensors replaced under warranty and I was wondering if any other problems have cropped up in the last year?
What about the frame? I read somewhere they were having problems with the ZX14 frames and someone said these used the same frame? I think I remember the frame being beefier on the C14.
Is Fred still here lurking?

Thanks for any help...

runnerhiker said:
I have an '09 ZX14 and visit several ZX forums, I am not aware of a frame problem with the ZX.
I guess you were just "not aware"? But neither was I...

recall_letter.jpg

No, the main problems on the 09 are still the rotors, KIPASS activations switch spring, TPS sensors, a few final drive or other minor problems. Other than that, nothing to speak of. Basically the same bike as your 08 was. A great bike, especially if it's that beautiful 09 red.  ;)

Thanks for the info Bob,
If I remember right you sold your c14 because of something you did not like.
I never have liked the KIPASS system for all the reasons that have been discussed before but I'm not familiar with the spring issue.
I fixed the heat issue on my 08 with the foam plugs someone was selling, but I just remember regretting selling it after it was gone because I thought it was a nice handling bike.
People tell me that I should look into the 1250 Bandit, that it has more low end grunt and handles better at low speed  and I might since I hardly ever travel any more.

I've got an 09 I bought new.It now has 57000 miles.Had 6 tps changed on warranty,replaced front rotors with Galfer rotors and pads, now with over 45 k on them.Had no kipass issues.replaced seat with a sargent.Have every intention on riding it till the wheels fall off,I really like the bike. ;D