• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

12,225-mile road journey across America

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Check out the 5:14 minute time lapse video from Brian DeFrees of Syracuse, NY that depicts his journey around the country through 5-second interval auto filming of the road trip, in his video, "Drivelapse USA - 5 Minute Roadtrip Timelapse Around America".  Here is a good news write up about it and a direct link to the video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059124/What-trip-Photographer-captures-12-225-mile-road-trip-5-minute-video.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Drivelapse USA - 5 Minute Roadtrip Timelapse Around America

Pretty cool stuff.  Not only did he do Pikes Peak, he stopped by Colorado Springs by way of Nevada Ave.

I got to say that although I applaude the efforts the five second interval shots made me a bit dizzy.  From the perspective of having seen most of his journey in "real time" I'd rather see a video of several hours and not a few minutes.  Just not my cuppa tea. Sorry.

Wow! That was great, recognized a few places from my 6000 mile trip to LA California. No video though, may invest in a GoPro or Contour camera over the winter. 8)