• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

15 Dangerous Cities for Driving

As a southern boy, it is concerning that 13 of the worst 15 are southern cities, and two of which, OKC and Tulsa, are cities where I visit frequently in both my car, and on motorcycle. I drive a lot in Chicago, Detroit, and DC on business and it is hard for me to see how they are safer, but facts are facts I guess....................

Could it be that just about every city on the bad list has no winter, and most on the good list does.

Could it be that there are less motorcycle riding and sports cars on the road in winter. Plus winter hones slippery conditions driving skills. Maybe, maybe not.  Just a thought.

Cap'n Bob said:
Could it be that just about every city on the bad list has no winter, and most on the good list does.

Could it be that there are less motorcycle riding and sports cars on the road in winter. Plus winter hones slippery conditions driving skills. Maybe, maybe not.  Just a thought.
And a good one..... :beerchug:

I flew private planes 500-750 hours a year for ten years in the L.A. Basin.  This is the busiest known private use airspace in the country/world.  It is said that a private pilot will only ever see, one out of every ten airplanes that come within 1 mile of his airplane when navigating this airspace.

I'm still alive.  I paid attention.  Motorcycle riders make better auto drivers because they pay attention and they're less aggressive as a rule.  Pilots make for safer, more defensive motorcycle riders simply because they have been operating in an unforgiving subculture... the one aloft.  Talk to a flight instructor about "scan" and apply it to every mile of motorcycling... cover all the quadrants all the time and you will see IT coming and avoid IT.

Worst country in the EU is Greece on 116 fatalities per Million population (11.6 per 100,000) for 2010.
I would imagine that Athens, Rome and Paris are up there as well.
UK is the safest in the EU, we rarely get much snow, but it does rain a lot here so slippery = normal.
I have to admit that in all my recent trips to the US I saw a much higher percentage of Drongos than over here.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drongo