• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

180 rear tire for 17 inch conversion.

pbfoot

Crotch Rocket
Has anyone run a 180 wide tire on their 17 inch rear? If yes, what aspect ratio did you use?

I have. 180/55R17 IIRC. I do have a shortened centerstand though. 7/8" removed.

My preferred width is the 170, but I picked up a 180 while out in Colorado and a little short on tread.

If I remember, I'll shoot a pic of the clearance later this afternoon.

handyman said:
I have. 180/55R17 IIRC. I do have a shortened centerstand though. 7/8" removed.

My preferred width is the 170, but I picked up a 180 while out in Colorado and a little short on tread.

If I remember, I'll shoot a pic of the clearance later this afternoon.
  Thank you, sir. I am particularly interested in how the sidewall angles up to the rim. 5.5 is the recommended rim width for the 180/55/17. The Meanstreak is 5. I have the C14 rear shock so the bike is sitting up in the rear 1.5".

Here is quick pic from this morning. I was tasked otherwise and did not make it out the shop last night. 180 is pretty snug on the left, but have not had any rubbing issues with PR4 or T30 tires. Right side has quite a bit of room. And yes, it is dirty, but that is normal for my C10.

As far as the pinch, I don't believe it is excessive, but I still prefer the 170 as the 'standard' tire for this application. Have not conducted a comparison, so it's just an opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 118