• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1987 Connie Update

bigjimbo1957

Training Wheels
over 10,000 miles on my 87 connie since I bought it the end of Febraury 2010. One set of tires, front brake, coolant fan swith, fuel tank sender, manual timing chain tensioner and three oil changes....still running strong!!! And not dropped yet!!!

I weigh 153 pounds, and as sad as it may sound, I have tipped my Concours more times than I want to admit. It doesn't take much, even if I was just trying to push it around so it would fit in the garage with the other bike. It has to stay perfectly upright when its not moving. Once it starts to go over, there isn't enough of me to stop it. I do pick it up though. At 53, I don't know how many more times I will pick it up and not hurt myself. I should also mention that most of the times it got away from me, it had a full tank of gas. I never dropped my 99 Vulcan Nomad though.

Kudos Jimbo I love to hear stories of folks having fun on the early bikes! Massy; The CFO (my wife) feels your pain! she has dropped hers more times that I care to mention. Once onto me when she pulled up alongside at a gas station. Such that she and her bike pinned me to the gas pump LoL

Ouch! that couldn't have been anything less than embarrassing. I guess that you could have gotten hurt really bad as well. I do get a little embarrassed when it happens in public, but thanks to the (protecting bars) that protrude from the bike, I never hurt the bike. I bought my 2006 with 6k miles on it over a year ago. I didn't know much about the Concours when I bought it, so to my surprise, I found that it had a lot of extras on it. The least useful of those is the alarm system with key-less activation. I don't live anywhere where people would touch a bike that was not theirs. Joe

Fortunately some other rides were filling up and I was able to shout over "Erm do you think you could pull my wife off me" Not often I say that! :) LoL Yes those tip-over bars are a godsend! They have saved me countless plastic repairs, mirrors and pegs. Glad you like the scoot!