• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1992 Wing ?

greg.m784

Street Cruiser
It appears I'm going to inherit a very clean 92 Goldwing

2011Aspencade%20002%20(Small).jpg

It's a pretty low mileage bike (around 30K), and it was owned by an OCD owner, so all maintenance has been performed, and it is in really clean shape.

I've never ridden a wing.  I'm considering keeping it for some longer rides.  It seems some Coggers have a wing too.  How are they on long rides?  Are they a drag fest or do they actually corner worth a darn?

I've ridin some older ones and late model ones too and they are some kind of fine machine especially two up. I bet you'll like it.

That looks pretty nice, Greg  :great:  I rode an older Wing, and they don't corner as well as the Connie, but you make up for it with comfort, especially for the passenger.  In fact, if you're not careful, your SO may not want to ride on the Connie anymore, although I guess that's even more excuse for her to get her own bike  ;)

As far as cornering is concerned, a lot depends on the rider.  I saw a video a while back of a guy on a bright yellow wing ridding the dragon.  He was pushing 2 guys on Ducatis past their limit.
Ofcourse he rode that same route several times a day for years.

The GL1800 handles very well for a luxo-tourer, I'm not sure how the '92 will do as I've no experience with it. No Goldwing will handle with a Concours (given riders of equal skill) due to the length, weight and ground clearance. By the same token, however, the Goldwing is considerably more comfortable for both the rider and the pillion. You don't see GW riders putting "knee savers" and handlebar risers on their bike 'cause they don't need to.

This one corners OK.

Attachments

• Endurance Special Honda GL100055.jpg
    Endurance Special Honda GL100055.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 90