• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1st drop, at a terrible time and place

AZ Rider

I will often ride my bike to run errands for my business.  I'm always in a shirt and tie (and pants, I could hear the comments already) with clients, so I always try to be sly and not let my business associates know that I'm having fun while working. Seeing me in riding attire would not be good.  Today I was delivering papers to a clients house, and decided that I could do a tight u-turn on his very steep, narrow driveway.  My right side drop took about 2 minutes to complete.  I caught her on the way down, and then just stood there, using all my right leg strength to hold her up.  I couldn't decide if I wanted help, or wanted to be left alone.  I finally put her down like a butterfly with sore feet.  Nary a scratch.  I picked her up, and went on my way.

I got a call about an hour later from the client, who had watched the whole thing unfold on their security camera.  They didn't recognize me in my riding gear and helmet, and were afraid to open the door to help!  They figured out it was me after seeing the envelope.  We all got a good laugh from it, and I have a new respect for the Connie weight!  Plus my right calf is suddenly very developed...

RodneyW said:
I have a new respect for the Connie weight!  Plus my right calf is suddenly very developed...

Yes; you can tell a COGger by the finely developed gams!  :D

Glad yours was an incident whose post ended without "anyone know where I can get a right foot peg?"...    :great: