• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2-Bike Trailer Needed in Charlotte for Other "OtP" Riders

Sport rider

Iron Butt
I'm not quite sure where to post this, so to the mods, please feel free to find the proper place.

I'm donating my C10 to be used by one of the Europe riders for the National in JC.  I'm going to be trailering it from Charlotte over there.  That means I'm going to have to trailer my C14 over there too.

My bike trailer is just not big enough for 2 connies.  Does anyone in the general Charlotte area have a trailer big enough for two bikes that I could borrow for the event?

wipfel said:
I thought Kawi was donating two bikes for them?

You are correct.  this is for the "other" guys coming over from Europe along with the two who are being sponsored.  Sorry that was a bit misleading.  I changed the heading so hopefully it won't be misleading.  :great:

JeffP said:
I have one that I think is 8x10. Is that big enough?

yeah...that should be perfect.  Do you have it at your place?  We can chat about it more on the 17th at the lunch if not before.  Mine is only about 4x8.  just not wide enough.

Do you have any wheel chocks on it?

Sport Rider said:
JeffP said:
I have one that I think is 8x10. Is that big enough?

yeah...that should be perfect.  Do you have it at your place?  We can chat about it more on the 17th at the lunch if not before.  Mine is only about 4x8.  just not wide enough.

Do you have any wheel chocks on it?

I'm not even close, if I was you could use my 6 x 10. It has Condor chocks, and is set up for one or two bikes. With C14s you have to put the second one on carefully but they fit.

I'm coming up from Jacksonville.

We'll have my C14 and the wife's VN900 on a 2 bike trailer.

We can meet you in Charlotte and swap my C14 for yours on the trailer and I can ride over to the national.

That is if you don't end up with a better arrangement.

We think that 5-7 Travelers will be coming from Europe for the National.
Sport Rider is letting Hans Ove Gortz (OtP Boss) ride his Connie.
Other COGgers are lending their bikes to the others.

Man, this is a GREAT club!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

More than two travelers? Nice! that's kool to hear. Going to be an excellent first National Rally for me! :)

Are they joining the pre and post Rally ride around the States?

To the best of my knowledge:
This years OtP Travelers will be riding in from Nebraska (via Colorado). After the national they may be headed to Detroit area on the Twisty Route, then down to Indianapolis, and then on to Lincoln Nebraska.
When they get back to Nebraska, we think they wil have riden approx. 5000 miles.
NOTE: We invite any COGger than can to ride with the Travelers.

Hans and Lars will be picking up their bikes near the Cherohala.
Harry and Coty will be coming in from Colorado.
Not sure about Bernd but I think he will be on 2Fasts bike, coming in from Minesota.
Others????

Ride safe, Ted

Egodriver71 said:
I'm coming up from Jacksonville.

We'll have my C14 and the wife's VN900 on a 2 bike trailer.

We can meet you in Charlotte and swap my C14 for yours on the trailer and I can ride over to the national.

That is if you don't end up with a better arrangement.

I'm going to talk to Jeff on Saturday about his trailer.  I think it will be fine.  I'll post here so that everyone knows I'm good to go.  thank you much for the offer!!!