• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

mehush

Scooter
Was riding back from CT to FL a couple of months ago. Day 1 was a cold and wet start for the first few hours, followed by high winds for the next 4-6 hours. Had traveled probably 500 miles in 10 hours and was totally exhausted. Missed my motel and gone another 15 miles or so before realizing I needed to turn around. Out of frustration and frazzled nerves, I chose a poor spot to turn around that had some loose gravel and uneven ground. Next thing ya know I am trying to pick up my fully loaded(three week trip + camping gear) bike off the ground.

Poor thing had to lay there for 3-4 min while I unstrapped all the camp gear that was preventing me getting into a good lift position. Thankfully, she fired right back up after resting the 15 minutes while I reloaded and checked everything over.

My brother had dropped her on the same side just 2-3 months prior. So all iI did was add a few more scratches to some already scratched areas.

Learned my lesson. When tired......take extra care.

Not just when tired either.  Take extra care when loaded, when on unfamiliar roads, in bad weather, etc.  I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've renewed in order to qualify!  Just drop me a line after it stops saying "Expired term" under your avatar and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here's where to Renew