• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2002 Connie needs help!

brotheriam6109752

Looking for lots of parts for this 2002 Connie 1000. Got it free. She's been abused and misused, broken, dropped, busted, rigged up, painted blue, and given up for dead. I have it running. Rode her for about 30 miles. Found out the generator is bad, clutch slips, breaks stick, front wheel on backwards, clock, speedometer are out. Back break light does not light up using foot break, slave cylinder is needing rebuilt, all of the faring needs replacing. Ignition was a victim of a near theft. She's not near ready for the parts yard. Does anyone have something to help me on this? I'm buying some and asking for freebies also. I have pictures of you want to see this project.

On a project of this size, you would be better off to buy a Connie that someone is giving up on / parting out because of a hydrolocked engine / etc.
Shipping of all the parts your needing would make it best to find something close.

I suggest you post your approximate location and possibly someone is near you that has a Connie in that condition.

Speaking of hydrolocked engine; before you go any further, do a hydrolock check on your engine.
If your engine has been hydrolocked, the project becomes a lot bigger.

Ride safe, Ted

Hydrolock? Explain please.
Need slave cylinder, mirrors, front fairing and right middle, ignition, helmet and seat lock, clutch master cylinder. That will get me going.