• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2005 C10 right rear turn signal out

Crashcup

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this - right rear turn signal stopped working last week after a heavy rain. Stopped working for a short time, then was intermittent - would work properly about 60% of the time. Now not working at all. The bulb did not have a burnt-out filament, but changed to a new bulb for the h of it - no change. Swapped the left rear bulb in it's place, still didn't work. Checked for voltage in the socket, and it's getting some, but less than 1 volt. Yeah, I know it's not going to read 12 or 14v because it's flashing, but I checked the voltage on the functioning left rear, and it was bouncing up to around 7 volts. I kind of expected a short, or broken wire, or something, not this. Any ideas? I have to leave it for now and use hand signals for a couple of days till I have time to pull the turn signal stalk off and check more of the wiring. Thanks for any help! Keith 2005 Concours - "Vanessa"

I had this problem with mine and the turn signal bulb sockets were full of dirt, clay and general crap. I had to tap then to get it all out . I sprayed it with WD-40 and put it all back together and it worked fine. If that's not it then I would look at the wires going into the socket... possibly corroded. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

I had this problem with mine and the turn signal bulb sockets were full of dirt, clay and general crap. I had to tap then to get it all out . I sprayed it with WD-40 and put it all back together and it worked fine. If that's not it then I would look at the wires going into the socket... possibly corroded.
Same here. Dielectric grease on the bulb base, with a dab of silicone sealer on the stalk to try to keep the water out....again. http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g
member8960.png

If the other two replies don;t work, don't forget to check your turn signal flasher, located up under the front faring near the gas tank...Mine got wet and the contacts were a bit rusty. Pulled off the connecter, cleaned everything up, sprayed with WD40 and bingo....back to legal turns.

Turned out to be a really simple fix...... and my own fault. Followed the wiring back to the area above the fender, and found that one of the wires was disconnected. No doubt from a small bag of extra tools I had stashed back there for our trip! It's a shame to let that space go to waste, but before I put tools back there again, I'll try tying up the wires better and make sure the tools go *under* the wiring. D'oh! 2005 Concours - "Vanessa" COG#8820
VisitedStatesMap.jpg