• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2006 Suzuki Katana - Resurrection Motors Inc.

jaxrider

Scooter
Based on the last few months maybe I should start a business called Resurrection Motors Inc. I just bought a 2006 Suzuki Katana 600 that was crashed by the previous owner. The rider went down on the left side in a corner though it has damage on both sides which makes me think it flipped. It has 1200 miles on it and still has the temp tag! The pics start with shots at the Holly Hills exit 7-11 off I95 on my way from Ocoee to Jacksonville with the bike. I then stripped off the fairing, which is heavily damaged. I removed the carbs and they were immaculate inside though they were full of off-color gas. If anyone has any '05-'06 Katana parts laying around or knows of a good source for parts I would appreciate all referrals. I'm searching the web and also ebay and starting to pick up the pieces. Here is the photo sequence so far: Katana Pics David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"

I have been working on the Katana, and have removed all the damaged plastic, which is to day all the plastic. I have decided to go with a cafe racer styling and a quarter fairing, round headlight and headlight mounts. I'll post some pics shortly. David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"

David, it looks like all the basics are there. I guess the guy who owned it sold it to his insurance carrier, right? Bet you got a good deal. I have no suggestions on parts other than the usual places. Keep us posted on your progress. Your doing what I want to do if I can ever get some free time from parental stuff. '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

Charlie, Thanks for the encouragement! I have decided that it is cost-prohibitive to replace the body fairings and all the pieces that are involved with that, so I am going with a chrome 7" headlight, cafe racer fairing and an aftermarket (though stock) tailpiece. The bike will look good and now I just have to decide how to paint the fairing and tailpiece. Stock fairing was blue and white, tailpiece was white. I'm going to rattle-can the job but still want a quality finish. The bike runs really good and I have a stock set of instruments for it. Once I receive the fairing and headlight I'll begin putting it all together. I have to fabricate a bracket for the instruments and decide on what to do for a tail light. I have one from an earlier model and may bolt it on somehow to ride it as a naked/ugly bike until I get the tailpiece and fairing painted. I'll post some updated pics soon. David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"

Considering that you're bringing her back to life, I think it'd be a shame to make her look like every other Katana on the road anyway. It sounds like you have a good vision, can't wait to see some pics.

I FINALLY got enough parts to start putting it back together. I have a cafe fairing, chrome round headlight, headlight ears, a new taillight with integrated turn signals and am waiting for a rear cowling. I need a fender and am trying to retrofit one from an earlier model. I may put it on ebay and buy a universal accessory model from DK. David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"

That is really nice.......... Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

test post David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

I am going to Roebling Road next weekend with a GA BMW club and am debating whether to take the Katana or my ZZR1200 to the track day. I think I've decided on the ZZR due to the longer straightaway and higher speeds, and that the bike is bigger and handles my size better. I have been riding the Katana a lot around town and it's fun! The small size and light weight allow it to handle well though it gets buffeted by the wind and bounces around on the big asphalt bumps now and then. The FL BMW club has a track day at Jennings and I'll definitely take it there. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html