• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 Winding Rivers & Roads Rally

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
Well, the 2008 Winding Rivers & Roads Rally is officially over. It was the best rally that I think I've ever attended. Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge was a great venue, located in the heart of outstanding riding areas. Having lots of folks hanging out at our campsite (Lane Harrison, Eddie Minter and I were all camped together) every evening was simply tremendous. Riding Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, the BRP and a 120 mile loop of twisties (HWY 215 from Waynesville to Rosman, HWY 64/28 from Rosman to Franklin via Cashiers & Highlands, HWY 28 from Franklin to Stecoah) made for some exciting and challenging riding. Best of all, no crashes or injuries to any of the attendees! Many thanks to Jerry Holland for putting on a great rally! :)

Jim: Glad to know that you all had a great time. I've been impressed with Iron Horse for some time. The only negative of the event was the high presence of LEO. During that time I saw 10 state cars, (8 NC and 2 TN) and 3 NC motorcycle officers. I even had to go through a roadblock check when going back to the motel I was staying at (IH bunkhouse was full). So if we keep this venue it will be a different weekend that the HD rally at Cherokee. Just remember, the location for the 2009 National is just up the road. Hope to see you all there. tcars John