• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2009 National, Fontana's cancellation policy

JohnC

Street Cruiser
Folks: I've heard more than one or two make mention of the cancellation policy for Fontana Village Resort, the site of next years National Rally, Shiftin N Grinnin. Well, read below, this is the REAL POLICY. "John, we will give a full refund to anyone who makes a reservation and then has to cancel up until February 1st. For any cancellations after February 1st up until 30 days prior to arrival (May 6th), the cancellation fee will be one night's rent, which is equal to the deposit we're asking for, not 50% of the entire stay." Obviously they need a better selection of wording, but now you have no reason not to get your reservation as soon as possible. Book Those Rooms and Cabins! I expect to have the registration form out by October but it will also want registration completed as early as possible. I have to give the final count for the food the first of April. tcars John Rallymaster 2009

The dates are June 8-11, Monday through Thursday, Right? Would it be best to get there (Fontana) Sunday night, or will the activities start later on Monday. Its only a 4 hour ride there for me. same question for Thursday, Do I need to stay that night, or will it be over on Thursday during the day? Potlikker (aka 305940) COG # 6359 Covington, Georgia USA www.myspace.com/potlikker454 "I would rather ride my Motorcycle in the rain, than drive the Company truck in the sunshine"

Ricky: The official start is Monday, but I know several will be coming in early. If things go as planned, the resort will have it own rally (The Big Dam Rally) the Friday and Saturday before. I'm trying to see if we can get some early registration open Sunday mid-afternoon. This would take care of most of those who arrive early and hopefully lightening that opening day rush. Keep in touch here for more news. Thanks tcars John COG, ROK, & AMA

Jose: At the top of this thread I posted their official cancellation policy. That still is their policy and I have it in writing. :) tcars, John, Rallymaster 2009