• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 Concours de-activating coactive braking

Voyager450

Big Wheel
I just traded my 2009 Connie in for a 2010 ABS model. The coactive braking is a little unnerving. Is there any way to de-activate it? Also is there any way to de-activate the ECO Fuel saving mode, as I am concerned with running the bike on a leaner fuel map during break in. Thanks

I don't think there's a way to deactivate the systems. If I recall, it's a computer controlled. But I could be wrong. The linked brakes do not thrill me either. I sometimes trail brake in corners. The idea of it applying front brake as well, bothers me. I really don't want the bike possibly trying to stand up in a corner if I touch the rear brake. But just cruising, their probably not that bad. Especially on the highway. As far as the mapping. Just make sure your not running economy when your riding it. I'm sure Kawasaki has thought about the scenario. It probably will be fine on economy mode. Just my thoughts. Bob Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

Thank you for the reply, it may just take a little getting used to. I do love the bike, it definitely handles better than my 2009 connie, better turn in feel, and putting the bike into slow and fast turns with less effort.

You can set the brake linking to be more or less aggressive. Crappy manual doesn't explain it very well, does it? The Eco mode button is on the front of the left controls. It should be off any time you turn the bike on. If you are talking about that little 3-circle thing, it is just indicating when you are using the engine 'efficiently'.

With the bike stopped, you can press and hold the KACT button and switch between the Hi Combined and Low Combined modes. Personally, I only use the Low Combined mode. Unfortunately, there is no way to totally de-link them. I agree that they are a little unpredictable, and I really wish Kawasaki had provided an OFF mode that would de-link them. I normally like linked brakes, but I don't care for the way they are implemented on this bike. They don't feel linear at all, and its too easy to get more brake than you asked for. They definitely take some getting used to. You can turn on and off the ECO mode by simply holding in on the mode switch at any time for about 3 seconds. This won't stop the annoying little ECO display icon from flashing in the display anytime you let off the throttle though.