• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 national rally

Scott 2

I can't make it for the whole rally. But thought about coming up for a day to see what is all about. Is there a day pass and what would it cost?

Steve, Great question! I have a couple of friends (?) that are interested in finding out what COG is all about but it's not going to happen when money is involved. A day pass is a great idea for NEWBIES and a reduced amount for members only sharing a day or two is something that need to be looked into. Any of the powers to be available for an answer? Thanks in advance. Dave Nesseth COG 4475 Rockford Ill.

Friends who want to know what COG is all about. This is just my opinion, but COG is about people, people who are willing to make a small monetary commitment to become part of a group of people who are willing to share both their love of motorcycling and other motorcyclist. A group of people who will send you a part you need for free. A group of people who will haul your bike back to your house after you have fallen down. I am not the guy who fell down. I could go on and on. If you or your friends really want to join this group or attend this rally and truly are in financial straights that you or they can

For me its not that I couldn't pay the full amount. I plan on being their for a day maybe two. Its all I can fit into my schedule. I will NOT be able to attend the banquet. Is there a daily fee that could paid to help the cause or is it all or nothing?

Jeff, Thanks for the quick response. I know the line about came for the bike and stayed for the people, and a great line it is. A day pass is something that needs to be looked into. Perhaps this can be discussed at a local meeting or at the executive level. Thanks for Listening. Dave Nesseth COG 4475 Rockford Ill.

Well, a day pass might seem like a good idea but think of it from the point of view of the rally organizers. They like to get some firm numbers in order to plan things like the banquet, door prizes, merchandise or if other rooms/facilities are needed. Ala carte events take much more planning and organizing (and remember, the folks who are running the rally are also on vacation too) And I'm not even sure how our insurance is handled, if solid numbers are needed. Another thing to consider, imagine you registered and paid for the whole rally. You plan and look forward to the tech session to learn a few things, but when you get there you find another 100 people with day passes are there and they got all the good viewing spots! Or maybe Kawasaki shows up with a few Concours-14 (version 3.0) for test rides, but the spots are all taken by day-pass people. I think the real issue is that any rally "event" is something special and it would be hard to fairly administer a day-pass program. I don't think there would be much of an issue if some folks happen to stop by rally HQ to meet folks, but other than these special planned events mostly what goes on is eating, riding, more eating, relaxing, sleeping, repeat. Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649

Dave, You've made several good points, some I had not considered. Perhaps scheduled local rides, wrench sessions and ride to eat locations would be a preferable way to introduce people to our happy family. Dave Nesseth COG 4475 Rockford Ill.

Where is everybody??!! Nice and quiet 100mi further north, too. The hotel staff are really looking forward to the rest of you getting here....I practically have this place to myself!
IMGP3567.jpg
http://www.millerized.com I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

For the record, that's Sue Slate (our wonderful on-site Kawasaki rep/Rider Coach/co-founder of the Woman's Motorcyclist Foundation) standing with me. You ought to post the pics of her driving ;) And you're welcome. This is COG's bike, the sole reason it was put together was to bring COG together and bring in new members. Judging by the comments I've gathered here, it's done that and more. I'll be proud to sign over the title tomorrow night to whomever takes this home. http://www.millerized.com I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Jim: Once again, "Thank You Very Much" for what you do for COG. As for Sue, tell her I said Hi, miss not being able to be there. Yall have a great time. tcars John

Sue is a great lady, lots of energy. Any of the other guys there - Brian? Channing? The sweet little blonde who's name I can never remember? Wish I was there to see the bike you put together, Jim. Talk about volunteering for the club, you give it new meaning. I'll be raising a glass in your name tomorrow night about the time the banquet is going on. Cheers to everyone, and safe roads. Jim

Most excellent job Jimmy. You should be proud of what you've accomplished AND your contribution. Thank you!!

Many kudos to the 2010 Rally staff. Y'all did a great job and my wife and I had a wonderful time. Wish the weather had been a bit more cooperative but, hey, that's riding sometimes. Thanks for all your hard work and we look forward to seeing you at another rally sometime down the road.