• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 National

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
Are there any details about the 2010 National yet? Lodging opportunities (motels, camping, etc.), fees, schedules, anything? BTW: Many, many thanks to the local Coggers for organizing and hosting the National. I know it's a lot of work and I, for one, appreciate it. Thanks guys! :)

James Barron or Ken McClurg (NCAD)might know some of the details. I thought I saw a note somewhere but I can't remember where? :confuse: james DOT barron1 AT comcast DOT net or ncad AT cog-online DOT org HTH

Here is the thread for the 2010 National. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/mboards/viewmessages.cfm?clubID=1328&Forum=1412&Topic=18408&srow=1&erow=15 We are finalizing costs and details before we post. And yes we have been out riding. Copper Harbor trip this weekend for our group. Jim's Email is correct you can PM for details if you can't wait. Thanks for being interested.

Yes Leinies is available. The liguor store is within walking distance of the Rally headquarters. New Glarus a local brewery with self guided tours is an easy ride. Make sure to get some "Spotted Cow" http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

The Leinie tour is easy ride from the 2010 Rally Central. Below is a link to an article on micro breweries in WI. Http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/wisconsin/49623842.html?elr=KArks:DCiU1PciUoaEYY_4PcUU

The camping is HALF AN HOUR'S RIDE from rally central? Sigh...... Marginalized again.... But I'm still gonna be there!!! ;)

The camping is HALF AN HOUR'S RIDE from rally central?
Jen see directions below. Camping is 9 miles hardly a half an hour. We tried very hard to find a place with camping on the grounds also, but were not succesfull. As a good motorcyclist you should be putting on all your gear on even to ride a block, at least this makes it worthwhile putting your stuff on. See you there. FROM MADISON/TOMAH: Take Interstate 94 to Tomah. Take Exit 143, Hwy 21. Take a left at the stop sign off the exit. Go straight through 2 sets of stop lights. Continue straight on Hwy 21 for approximately 9 miles to Fort McCoy. Go past the Main Gate entrance and turn right at the sign for Pine View Campground and Whitetail Ridge Ski Area and follow signs.

OK Jeff I'm wrong. I googled the directions from the Fort and got the half-hours ride, obviously the campground headquarters is not at the actual camping. My apologies. Ya'll done good to get us campers so close to the action, thank you!!! Nobody said I wasn't going to be in full gear, not after crashing the Vmax last month. I praise my Maker that I was wearing gear then! And I'm still painting and peeling band-aids off my rash... :( I hope very clear directions and notice about the camping option is put right up front on the announcements, so folks will know they can be a REAL BIKER :p and roll in with tents and sleeping bags. (Joking, please don't flame me!) Ken told me something about lots of cheese tours. I am SO excited! Sign me up!!!

Jenn, Good to see you at the Smackdown at the Shack by the Track! Just to expand a bit on the camping thing.....we started by picking the area we wanted to be near for the rally (i.e. near the twisties). We then looked at all the nearby towns that could support our size group. It really came down to Tomah being the overall best fit. The Cranberry Lodge is very nice, with other motels for backup, lots of restaurants and right on the edge of the target area. We tried to arrange camping at the Tomah fairgrounds, but the cost was going to be very high, and the facility was basically an open field of grass with a long walk to the rest rooms. The Fort McCoy option, although less convenient, is really a great place. Perfect wooded campground with top notch facilities. It is open to the general public, but in reality is mostly military families. Most of them use RV's, so the tenting areas are generally wide open. There is a nice group camping area, as well as numerous single sites. We thought Ft McCoy would provide a better camping experience by a long shot, and be much more affordable.

Here is the link for the campground. There are sites reserved in my name "Jeff Kerkow" Just tell them you are with Concours rally and the dates. They will have it on the calendar. Let me know if you have any trouble jkerkow "at" mchsi.com Hope to see you there. www.mccoymwr.com/Facilities/pineview.htm

Any ideas on how to convince my wife this is the perfect 2nd anniversary trip? I've showing her the great room with jacuzzi tub.

Any ideas on how to convince my wife this is the perfect 2nd anniversary trip?
Well I have just spoken to the CFO, and she is sounding positive about us going this year. She rides her own Connie and its a 1,800 mile ride from Seattle. I figure if she's game to ride there and back, perhaps that will provide inspiration for other wives to come along too.
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Have you informed her that its a short ride up the scenic Mississippi river valley to the Mall of America from where the National is. I'd suggest giving her a ride there, dropping her off with a credit card and the provision that whatever she buys must fit on the bike and you can continue on some scenic rides and swing around and get her on the way back.

I'd suggest giving her a ride there, dropping her off with a credit card and the provision that whatever she buys must fit on the bike and you can continue on some scenic rides and swing around and get her on the way back.
Take the bags off first.....seriously, take the bags off and prevent her from buying new ones while there. http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Going through holiday mail I noticed that the AMD Vintage Motorcycle Days (VMD) is going to the on 7/9 -11. Now this is going to be a dilemma. Do I ride out on the old bike OR the ZG1000 to VMD and make my way up to the National?

Jeff, How far are the Lakeside Cabins from the tenting area? Staying in one of the cabins would allow me to be near the Real Bikers without having to give up my creature comforts. After missing but hearing how hot it was for the last COG National in Wisconsin :8o: (and I actually suggested the location :blush:) I want to be sure I have air conditioning for sleeping at night. ;) Mike Aldea, COG-528 Hawthorne, NJ
2469478460102652906xWTIGW_th.jpg
2520423130102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
2710979210102652906GMlQTI_th.jpg

I'm not Jeff but I toured the place with him once. If I remember they're around a 100 yds give or take depending on which one you're in. A reasonable stroll down the shaded single lane drive.

Hi Mike Give them a call about the cabins. When we talked to them it sounded like they were almost always booked up. The military gets priority wich is the way it should be. If you don't want to camp no one will think less of you. Lots of "real bikers are staying at the hotel. It you can get a couple of guys to share a room with you the cost at the hotel is not much more.