• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 C14 in the stable

midnight rider

Training Wheels
Howdy,
Just wanted to introduce myself to you all.  Had  87 Concours which I replaced with a 92 Honda ST1100.  After that traded for a 2000 BMW R1100RT (6 months) and back to a 2000 ST1100.  In 2003 got a ST1300 and have had 5 of those over the years.  Just traded my 2007 ST  with 55,000 miles for a 2011 C14.

I am happy and now trying to make my wife as happy.  I need to find passenger pegs lowering kit and windshield etc that help her not get as much wind buffeting, as well as a Russell seat.  We try to ride across the country on vacation times so I need to do what I can for her comfort.  Any help and/or ideas will be appreciated.

Glad to be aboard.

Sonny

I have the CB Ultra Tour screen and it works well for wife and I, recently had our seat modified by Spencers and we both like it, but our rides are 200-300 miles.

As for pegs, I think my wife would prefer them lowered, but then our feet would touch, I'm a size 12 and she's a size 9 (womens).

Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks Capt'n Bob.

I had already found your list and I must add thanks for going to the effort to list the various companies.  I was hoping for a few to offer their opinons as to what they found that worked for them also.

Sonny

Hey Sonny, Congrats and welcome :beerchug: I have the National cycle V stream windshield on mine and I love it and so does the wife. Enjoy the new ride.

Jay

:welcome: and congrats. Before I would go straight for a russell seat, you need to check out Baldwin Motorbike Saddles. Loren makes a Grand Touring seat for the connie, which I have and Love! And he will custom make it to your weight and inseam and anything else you want. http://www.motorbikesaddles.com/

Sonny,
I would be interested in your thoughts re: (ST to RT to C14) I've owned BMW's mostly RT's for the last six years or so. Long story so I'll just say I now have a 2010 CONNIE to replace my 1150 RT.
Regards and Welcome to a GREAT forum I"m sure you will receive the answers your looking for?

Phillip

For passenger peg lowering we have the Motorcycle Larry's components.  Simply because of the design it puts the passenger pegs to the outside of the riders, so no problems with feet getting in each others way. 

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

That is what my wife and i have and she loves them.  Good stuff.

Loren said:
For passenger peg lowering we have the Motorcycle Larry's components.  Simply because of the design it puts the passenger pegs to the outside of the riders, so no problems with feet getting in each others way. 

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

Phil said:
Sonny,
I would be interested in your thoughts re: (ST to RT to C14) I've owned BMW's mostly RT's for the last six years or so. Long story so I'll just say I now have a 2010 CONNIE to replace my 1150 RT.
Regards and Welcome to a GREAT forum I"m sure you will receive the answers your looking for?

Phillip

Phillip.
There is a lot to say but I'll make it short.  Of course all these are my opinions.  First, my riding consist of daily commute to work and gym about 30 miles in town traffic.  Weekends a short trip of about 120 miles.  Trips to the kids of 500 miles one way.  And Vacation two week of about 5,000 plus miles.  Except for the daily deal all riding is done with my wife as passenger.  The ST has really worked to be the best so far for us, but now dated technology.  It has good wind protection ( after my mods), it is smooth, plenty of power,  cruising range with 7.6 gal tank great, after RaceTech mods the handling was improved,  and a Russell seat was the ticket.  The BMW did not fair well with me.  It was underpowered and the surge could never be corrected.  I would rant on about the arrogance of BMW but I won't.  Now we begin with the C14.  Working on wind protection,  took about a year or so on the Honda to get it.  The C 14 has many of the equiptment standard that I wished the Honda had. adjustable front forks,  Radial mounted brakes, tire pressure monitor,  gear position indicator,  heated grips, traction control, and more.  The passenger footpegs are too high so I will have to change that.  Engine has plenty of power and transmission shifts are crisp. And a new seat will be needed.  I'll be able to give you more of my 2 cents after several thousand miles.
Sonny

Loren said:

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

Loren,
As I understand MCL pegs will not work on the 2011.  The right side hits the muffler.  According to their email to me they will not be able to work on that change till after the first of the year.  I have used his products in the past and have been pleased with his equiptment.
Sonny

My bike is '09 which brackets fit fine with the OEM exhaust, but had some interference with the Leo Vince exhaust.  :-[ 

>:D A little die grinder work and it fits fine now  ;)

Check ProjektD they have them too.  But I would think they would have the same clearance problem unless they are just not as low.  http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=132