• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 SPIDER

Tony K

Heads Up !  The 2011 Spider Ride will again be held at Huzzah Valley, Steelville Mo.
SEPT. 22 thru 25    More info later.

I recieved the info in the mail today..  I will be sending in my registration shortly.  I have heard great things about this event, and am really looking forward to my first Spider Ride  :)

I know this ride is still off in the distant future, how are the roads?  Any flooding problems?  I would think that where we camp is underwater? maybe not :motonoises:

Most of the flooding in in the Missouri River Valley, so everthing in this part of the state should be OK.  Currently the flooding is primarily along the KS/MO border, but as the river flows down stream, the central and eastern part of the river will start to have more problems.  After you cross the river, that would be your only potential hang up.

Just an FYI. MoDot has a good road condtions website, and all looks good for the Spider Ride!

http://maps.modot.mo.gov/timi/

I finnaly got around to sending in my registration this morning....  I am looking forward to heading down to the Ozarks in a month!!

MizzouMike said:
I finnaly got around to sending in my registration this morning....  I am looking forward to heading down to the Ozarks in a month!!
Well alright see ya there; just make sure to leave your rain magnetism at home :nananana:  The only way I could have gotten any wetter on my ride home last year was if my skin peeled off and it rained on my organs.
Seven hours of downpour sucked :mad:

Saaaaweeeet...heading out tomorrow.  This will be one to remember.  My father (many of you know him) has rode a GoldWing for the better part of twenty years; I somehow convinced him to ride of of my C-10's.  He is going to feel like a roughed up terd by the end of the trip, but I bet he has a great time tearing up the road not his floorboards  :rotflmao:.
If he enjoys himself I bet he has a connie to leave in Az (wintr home) within the year 8)