• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 Spider Ride

Tony K

For those of you who need to plan way ahead, the 2013 "Spider" will be held the week end of Sept. 19 thru 22 at Huzzah Valley Resort, Steelville, Mo.
I still need to post the Info Sheet and Registration Form on the NC COG Calender.

Tony Koenen

Dang nabit Tony, that's smack dab in the middle of the SE Fall Rally/Natchez Trace Pkwy ride.      Al

Damn Al, You switched weekends on me. Ya'LL have always held your event on the 2nd weekend in Sept.  I reserved the Huzzah back in Aug.
I'm going to miss you guys.

Tony

I WILL fix this Cliff. We're not locked in on my end yet, so I'll ask for a date change. It would have inpacted 4 or 5 of us. Check the calendar in a week or two.    Al

Tony K said:
Just Cliff said:
Damn it! Somebody fix this, I don't want to choose. I want to do both.

Cliff  :beerchug:

The squeaky wheel gets the oil !!!

To you a squeaky wheel. To the wife it's just whining. She did say though, if dates get changed I HAVE to attend both  :)

I would have hated not to see you both on back to back weekends again. I was just starting to like you both a little. Maybe both of our rides will benefit from the relatively close distance for our events.....or are the three of us the only riding fools here?  Al

IronButtAl said:
I would have hated not to see you both on back to back weekends again. I was just starting to like you both a little. Maybe both of our rides will benefit from the relatively close distance for our events.....or are the three of us the only riding fools here?  Al

Just starting to like us? It's okay Al, you can say it....you know you love us!    :nananana:

It was on there for Sept. 19 - 21, I've got it marked on the calender to attend. Maybe Tony will step in & tell us something.

Got your check today. You are # 1 Jeff.

The event is now posted on the COG-online Calender ( NC  September )
Information and registration forms can be downloaded.

I've never been told that before.  Thanks Tony!  :D
Seriously, the form can also be found in the spring Concourier issue.  Really looking forward to it again this year. 

My registration is on its way to Tony, and I 'm looking forward to seeing my NC COG friends again.
If anyone is feeling free and has the time, please consider coming to the SECOG Fall Rally/Natchez Trace Pkwy. ride the following weekend in Hohenwald, TN the next week end . We'll treat you right, feed you well, and have a few surprises in store for you as well. Cliff ( justcliff) and Tony are going to do this again, so you can check with them to see what the quality of the rally is.
I'll see some of you in ID at the national rally, and I'm thinking of getting into the Kentucky Daniel Boone National Forrest Ride if I can find someone to split a room with. I'm out for more than seven weeks on this ride, so I need to watch my $ when spending for a room.
Thanks Tony and everyone, for making this a great ride again.      Al

OK... registration sent for my 1st COG rally!!
Really looking forward to putting faces with names, realizing I may regret it later, and looking forward to some days of good riding!
Jorge

David S from Ohio plans to be there, along with son Dustin from Tn. I may or may not get the form sent in, I would actually have to write a check and lick a stamp ::)

David
08 C-14

Dustin
2011 ninja 1000

The Snell's are a couple of good guys to grace the Spider with their attendance.
Look forward to seeing you David, and one of my favorite SE area members Dustin.    Al

20 registered so far.    Mo,IL,Wi ,Ks,In,Ar,Fl,Co    Looks to be big.
Most every thing bought and staged except the perishables.
5 weeks and two days away.

That does sound like a nice rally, but Indiana COG is putting on our inagural yearly  :) "Hosier  Hills and Hollwes" rally in Southern Indiana. We need to look more closely at the calendar so some of us may be able to do both in the future..
Any that can't make it to TN, or have the time for it, you're invited!  Check it out in the North Central Events daughter board, titled "Indiana Ride"
Jorge

MizzouMike said:
Sweet!!! I put it on the calendar!  I am planning on bringing the KLR, and I might try to find some of those infamous swinging bridges I have heard about (if any are left standing).

Uh oh.... change of plans.  Wife want to try motorcycle camping, so she is coming along too!  She doesn't like the C-10 on long trips so we are bringing the super-pig. 

Barry and I will be rolling in sometime on Friday.  I put in my vacation time for this back in January unlike last year where I (duh) forgot.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again ;)

I know in ID Falls I said there was no way I would try to leverage the War Dept. for this ride but...........

35  preregistered to date.  This event is coming together nicely as usual.  12 states represented so far . A truckload of supply's are ready.
Door prizes secured. Firewood will be delivered. My only concern is not having enough chairs for the campfire. If you can bring a chair that would be great.

Tony

I'm gonna make it after all!  The event keeping me home that weekend has been cancelled!  The COG gods are indeed smiling down upon me today.

Tony, I'll get my check in the mail by tomorrow.  Still working to see if we can free up the wife's schedule so she can bring her C10 out to play also.

:motonoises:

I'll have an extra umbrella chair that I inherited at the VBR, so someone can use that if needed. Maybe my buddy Rick is going to make it also. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'm in Grand Junction, CO, and curious if the CO rider is near me. Anyone know who it is? Tony....you there?                    Al

Hey AL, it's Jerry Pagel from Montrose .Also Tom Hinkle from Payson Utah is coming. Tom, it looks like your Kansas group will might have a good showing .I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll be there about 9:30 Thurs. morning.

Jorge, You are the only Hoosier pre registered. Bring a friend !
Don't know why but its been 7 years since we've had someone from Indiana.

Tony

Well, there's two of us coming. Jon (crossj_2002) is also coming. I think he sent his registration at least a coue of weeks ago. We're planning to meet up mid-day on Friday for the ride there.
See you then!!!

SPIDER UPDATE:
36 people paid , several promises , and we always get some surprise show up's .
I expect about 50 total.

National Weather Service at this time predicts
Thurs--30% chance of rain, Thurs night--good chance of rain , Fri ----30 % chance, Sat. & Sun clear.  Temps-- lows about 60    Highs about 80 .
Sounds good to me !

Ride Safe,
Tony

Tony - finally got our check mailed yesterday, sorry it's so late but it's on the way.  Lisa & I will roll in Friday afternoon. Looking forward to it!

bikerhawk said:
Tony - finally got our check mailed yesterday, sorry it's so late but it's on the way.  Lisa & I will roll in Friday afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to seeing you and Lisa.

Tony

Hey everyone, hope you all were able to stay dry tonight and through the morning.  I'm leaving from kc in am unless it's raining hard. I look forward to seeing you all there. Hi to Leo, Yard Dog, Mohsen, Al, Cliff, and all the other great alumni I met at last year's Spider ride.

Oh, and hi to you Tony as well.  Hope to see ya by noon if your still at the campsite. And let me thank you in advance for all the hard work you and and many others put in to m a ke this happen.  I would like to get involved in next years ride. We'll talk.  :great:

As always, Tony and company put on a fine event.  We've been coming to this get together for quite some time now and it's just getting better and better :)  Thank you again for all the hard work, already looking forward to next year!

A big thanks to Tony & crew for another fine Spider ride. The only way it could have been better would have been perfect weather. Since Tony has no control over that, I call it a perfect event.  I had a great time seeing old friends & making new ones. I'll be back!

What a great event!!!  Thanks again Tony!

Great to see everyone again!

9886727056_d2b253cede.jpg

This is actually Lisa. I really enjoyed the event, and appreciate all the hard work that went into making it look so seamless. As promised, here is the now-infamous Spider Web photo.

(hope this works)...

Attachments

• spiderweb2013.jpg
    spiderweb2013.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 127
Thanks Lisa. What a terrific photo. You need to send that to The Concourier titled "2013  COG Spider Ride"

A nice photo from Mike also. Thank you all for the flowers and the pictures and for the enjoyable weekend.

Great Photo Lisa..Did you wake up under the table that morning?  ;)

Sorry I could make the ride. Wouldve been great seeing you , Tom, Mike, Mrs Mike, Mark and the rest of the local gang..And Al..I bump into that guy everywhere

(Lisa here) I really need to find out how to post with my own name before Tom finds out I'm using his  ;)

Thanks for your kind words about the pic. I posted it on the COG facebook page, where it may be a little easier to see. Tony, I emailed it to the Concourier as well...

I will try to get the rest of my Spider photos on photobucket later this week.

Thanks to Tony and the others that helped!  For my 1st COG rally, it was great, and I have a number of new friends to boot! :great:
A couple of cool cold mornings, and ... boy was that particular building a long ways off.

Attachments

• DSCF5155ms.JPG
    DSCF5155ms.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF5157ms.JPG
    DSCF5157ms.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF5168ms.JPG
    DSCF5168ms.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF5180ms.JPG
    DSCF5180ms.JPG