• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 NC/SC CONClave

The Pope

This is a challenge event for North Carolina and South Carolina COG members. The state who brings the most COGgers will get the bragging' rights. Event will be on May 17, 2014 at Bubba's BBQ, 4400 Sunset Rd., Charlotte N.C. 28216 ( http://www.bubbasbarbecue.com/location.htm ).

Other details and registration can be found in the SECOG calendar. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=199719&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D05%27%7D

COG members from other states are more than welcome; if you're from south of SC you'll count for SC, north of NC will count for NC. Come represent your state, meet some fellow COG members, and enjoy some delicious BBQ. We look forward to seeing you there.

Here’s the link to last year's event. http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,42178.0.html

Sort of.....  :nananana:

(there is a link to last years thread about the one held in SC in my post)

Okay, all you SC COGgers, time to come out and defend our record. :dance: :dance: :dance:

BTW, kudos tp Pope for setting this up.  :great:

That football stuff is just a game. This is something totaly more important!  :motonoises:  ;D

Some more southern people keep commenting in other threads in this section and this thread keeps getting pushed down.  :mad:  :'(

So......

BUMP!!!! :nananana: :rotflmao: :D

Need to make sure we get those side roads covered to! Those SC folks can be very sneaky!!!  :D :rotflmao:

SR, have you gotten those secondary roads taken care of?  >:D
Don't want any of them there sneaky SC folks slipping past!!!!  :nananana:

We're a little more than a month away from our event.  I had the initial meeting with the NC Highway Patrol and various county and local police departments stretching all along the NC/SC border.  they have all agreed to have road blocks set up to stop any SC riders from attending.  This should be GREAT!!!

:nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana:

No worries. We'll circle around and join up with out GA compatriots. You do know we get credit for folks coming from GA, FL and any other state south of NC, right?  :rotflmao:  I will agree that it's going to be a great gathering (regardless of which state "wins"). 

Yes, this should be GOOD!!!!  :great:

(hey Dave...... we will not tell Jim, but I've got a connection with the LEO in TN.  >:D )

but NC gets credit for any state north of SC, right?  just like SC gets credit for any state south of NC?  (I'm trying to get the Canadian vote too!) 

if one of the guys from TX shows up, you get them!  I dunno how we're gonna divide California though.  ;D

I just hope we have lots show up.  always more fun that way!  :great:

Yes! Anyone north of SC is counted for NC.  :great:  And yes, someone from Canada would count for NC. Now I might let SC have all of California, especially any of them serving in congress!!!!! :D

Sport Rider said:
Ranger Jim said:
Guess we get Mexico too?

You bring 'em, we'll count 'em if they are current COG Members!

I hope we have about 100 there!!!  :beerchug:

Fixed it for you Dave, as if we leave it as it was, Jim would have been reenacting the invasion of the Alamo and we would have been over run with Mexicans!!!  :-\  :nananana:

Okay, all you SC and GA/FL/AL/MS/TX/NM/AZ riders who luuuuvvvvvv you some BBQ need to be getting your plans together to make the annual NC/SC CONClave. Gotta keep these NC boys in their place and bring home the win for South Carolina (ahem) AGAIN!  :great: Weather's warming up. Let's get those wheels a turnin'.  :motonoises: Registration and specific instructions are in the SE Calendar but for all you NC (and points north of there) the date is May 18th (that's right isn't it Sport Rider?)  :rotflmao:

Seriously! The date is May 17th at Bubba's BBQ in Charlotte, NC. It's gonna be a great time with some great folks (no matter what state they're from; heck I spend most of my time in the state of Confusion  :-\). Y'all come! Registration is free but you have to buy your own lunch. Come out and meet some of your new best friends. :)

Okay, boys and girls. Your bikes should be good  to go since both states have hosted tech sessions.  :motonoises: It's time to get your calendars arranged so you can be sure to attend the Carolina CONClave and represent your state. Pope has picked out a rockin' BBQ joint in Charlotte, NC (Bubba's - with a name like that you know it's gotta be good).  :great: Check the specifics on the SECOG calendar page and get yourselves registered. We'll be drawing for a really nice door prize but the real prize is the state braggin' rights. :victory: Y'all come and bring a friend. Only COG members will count for the winner but when your friends see what a cool bunch we are you know they will want to join up. :)

??? Registration's going a bit slow. Don't tell me you're going to let this one get by you. :'( You know you'll regret it.  :mad:  C'mon, all you Carolina COGgers, let's make this a real event. :)

Jim, maybe each state is playing it cool...don't want to register for the pure fun of surprising the other state with more attendees....that does happen with the FL/GA smackdown !!!

Many more show up than are registered- always !!
:06:

We hope so! Well I hope that that is what my NC folks are doing, but I do wish that they would at least let me know.

We do a disservice to our event organizers and hosts by not supporting or by not registering for an event in a timely fashion. With the recent cancellation of the Roman Roast, it seems our SE members are having a hard time attending scheduled events in our area. Please consider getting yourself registered for our SE events a little more quickly, and since there isn't a registration fee involved here, get registered even if you're not completely sure if you CAN attend. It takes some of the stress off of the event host(s), and will serve to encourage even more to consider attending. Procrastinators of the world are united in the SE? Maybe.......
Don't make me come looking for you.

Come on guys and gals!  This is going to be a great RTE! You know you want to make it even more successful. Get registered and start your route planning so you can be there. Great folks, great food (so Pope swears), door prize and bragging rights.

I thought it started at 11, but as I look back thru, I don't see anything specific on times.  I was planning to be there no later than 1130 myself.

Being that it's a Ride To Eat type of event, you need to be there sometime around mealtime (11:00am - 1:30 pm). I plan to arrive around 11:00ish. You can arrive whenever you want but to count for your state, you need to arrive during a time period that both Pope and I are still there. I don't plan to leave before about 2:00ish. Pope may have left before then with his head hung in humiliation  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The only reason I "may' have already left would be that I need to start planning the 2015 NC/SC CONclave!  :nananana: :))

to all NC and SC members.....I strongly suggest you show up and support your state AAD.  This battle should be a great one and you won't want to miss it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see boxing gloves appear!  This is a serious affair!
:) :) :)

Attachments

• boxing-kids.jpg
    boxing-kids.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 88
I unfortunately will not be able to attend this one.  Gotta watch the kiddo, wife is leaving out for a bachelorette party (In Charlotte).  But I'll catch you all at the next one.

Go SC, and everyone be safe out there.

Been out of the loop for a week, but if the gloves come out Pope will not stand a chance. Jim does not have the Ranger in the front of his name for no reason. :great: :rotflmao:

???  Gee Sammie. Thanks (I think) :truce:  FWIW, I was a US Forest Service Ranger before I went on active duty.  Still, we need more bodies from both states!

ABO! Bring the kiddo down via cage, WE DON'T CARE if you don't ride in, we just want you to come visit with us. Hey, if wifey is gonna be in Charlotte anyway tell her to drop by with all the girls too.  ;)

Ranger Jim said:
???  Gee Sammie. Thanks (I think) :truce:  FWIW, I was a US Forest Service Ranger before I went on active duty.  Still, we need more bodies from both states!

ABO! Bring the kiddo down via cage, WE DON'T CARE if you don't ride in, we just want you to come visit with us. Hey, if wifey is gonna be in Charlotte anyway tell her to drop by with all the girls too.  ;)

that's why I like Jim.  He's always thinking!  >:D

Only 8 7 days before this event. You know you don't want to miss it! Register NOW! Plan to come out and support your state PLUS meet some more COGgers  :motonoises: and eat some great BBQ (I mean, the name of the place is "Bubba's" so you know the 'Q is gonna be good). :)  We will have some door prizes. :great:

This SATURDAY!!!!!!

If you miss this one, it's going to be another whole year before you'll get the chance to attend the next one!
I don't care which state you're from, well..... I do perfer those COGers that will help NC to win!!!  >:D 
or if you're not even a COG member you're more than welcomed to attend, just post up here to let us know you're coming.  :great:

kawcon14rider said:
Pope just don't get in front the the fastest silver. Come on SC less do this 2yrs in a row. :great: :beerchug: :))

Oh!!!!    You don't know what I've done to by Silver Bullet!!!! Bring it!!!  >:D

I "think" you called it "The Bag-O-Nater"

..... but either way, it's fast enough that I can chase down Sammie and score a Bag-O-Nater on his C-14!!!!!  :nananana:

I have upgraded my horn too.....  :nananana:  also I'll be far enough out in front of you that your horn wouldn't be effective.  :nananana:

Hey Pope,

Thought I had registered earlier but appearently I didn't.
I'm now in the fold for the upcoming NC victory celebration.

Hey, what goodies are you stuffing in the celebrity gift bags you're handing out to the attendees???? :rotflmao:

Buzzard

Ranger Jim said:
Pope. Thought your bike was called "BAGSLAYER."  :rotflmao:

Yep, Pope, it'll take about two years for the reputation to wear off, :)) but you can always enhance the rep by adding to it...

Volcantour said:
Ranger Jim said:
Pope. Thought your bike was called "BAGSLAYER."  :rotflmao:

Yep, Pope, it'll take about two years for the reputation to wear off, :)) but you can always enhance the rep by adding to it...

Yep, Sammie (kawcon14rider) wouldn't know what hit him!!!!  :motonoises: :rotflmao: :D

I do need to add a little C10 logo somewhere on my bike along with some decals of rabbits & squirrels. Something to keep track of things.  :celebrate:

Just a reminder to all my NC friends. Remember you can sleep until noon tomorrow since the event is in your state. :great: :beerchug: :)

Susan and I had a great time today eating with and talking with some fellow Coggers. Thanks for making us feel welcome. The food was good and the weather was well....PERFECT!!! :great:
See you all in Tennessee.

It was a great day to ride and also a great day to get together and eat some good BBQ.  :)  This year NC came out the winner (actually, they smoked SC like a cheap cigar.  :'(  (16 to 8). Brenda Hess was the winner of the big door prize provided by SECOG (it was a $100 gift certificate from Murph). It was great seeing some folks that have been kinda scarce lately, specifically Don Schumpert and his wife and also meeting some new folks. Pope will have to update with pics and names.  We had 20 bikes!  :whoo: (We did have one couple come in a cage; they will remain nameless. ;))  Look for this event next year! C'mon SC we can take back the crown!

Yep, we (NC) smoked the SC folks 2 to 1!!!  :great:
Here's some of the photos that I have. The group photo (Sammie has it) will be posted later.

Attachments

• IMG_20140517_103605_847.jpg
    IMG_20140517_103605_847.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20140517_120026_032.jpg
    IMG_20140517_120026_032.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20140517_120106_568.jpg
    IMG_20140517_120106_568.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20140517_114200_056.jpg
    IMG_20140517_114200_056.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 93
There were also a few interesting signs in the parkinglot....

Attachments

• IMG_20140517_103944_678.jpg
    IMG_20140517_103944_678.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20140517_103903_683.jpg
    IMG_20140517_103903_683.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20140517_103744_911.jpg
    IMG_20140517_103744_911.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20140517_103727_822.jpg
    IMG_20140517_103727_822.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 96
Jim has already summed up what all went on at the event, but I want to thank everyone for coming out! Those that missed it, well you know, you missed it! Maybe you can make it out to next years meet. Jim will start up a new thread when he has all of the details set up for it, so keep a lookout!

Here are a few more photos....

Attachments

• DSCN0599_web.jpg
    DSCN0599_web.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0590_web.jpg
    DSCN0590_web.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0595_web.jpg
    DSCN0595_web.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 88