• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 SW Regional Fall Rally- Graeagle, CA - September 12-14, 2014

Ok I am signed up and ready to go! Wanted to make sure I got that T-Shirt!

We will have a good sized group coming from Southern California. Look forward to seeing you all there!  Safe travels!  :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
Ok I am signed up and ready to go! Wanted to make sure I got that T-Shirt!

We will have a good sized group coming from Southern California. Look forward to seeing you all there!  Safe travels!  :motonoises:  :great:
Looking forward to seeing you Russ  :great: :beerchug:

55 registered.  :beerchug: I can not tell you how proud I am of you folks and the turn around of this area in the past 2 years. It could not have been done without the very dedicated AAD's and volunteers! Looking forward to another outstanding event. For you forum members and guests I believe you will have an excellent time and encourage you to join full time. YOUR dues support these events. Rally Fees only cover about 80% of the costs and that's OK. It's paying it forward. Excited to see you all again. Based on this area's history of the past 2 years OUR national is gonna be rockin'! Brings a tear to an Old Mans eye.  ;)

My GF Teri Crosby is playing golf with Lydia Smith on Saturday at 8:20 at Whitehawk Ranch.  The rate is $110.  If anyone else wants to join, please let me know.
Thanks!
Randy

New tires installed. Canyon cages installed.  Highway pegs installed.  Oil changed.  Final drive fluid changed.  I'm ready for the 1,100 mile trip west.  Only 16 days till departure.  :) :)

OK, the Scenic Sierra Scramble is fast approaching (September 11-13), and we will be offering a dual-sport ride on Saturday. For those attending (we have about 60 at last count), does anyone plan to participate in the dual-sport ride? Please let me know. Thanks!!
Randy
:)

OK, got it. No dual sport for you.  Mike has a LONG ride planned that includes Lassen.  That will be one of the rides (and I will have a shorter Lassen ride too). 

Does anyone have a bed they're not using

When I  made reservations they only had king bed rooms left, im bringing someone else or if anyone has a room with two beds ill trade

Looking forward to some good riding in California

Yep, September 12-14.  Gee, I've typed that enough!  You'd think it would be ingrained by now!!
Thanks, Mike.
Randy  :beerchug:

Anyone coming to the Scenic Sierra Scramble that needs a vegetarian meal, please let me know via email, and we will TRY to accommodate.  Give specifics if appropriate.  Thanks!  Contact info on the Calendar entry for the SSS.
Randy Brazie

Trying to put a last min trip together to make this Rally ( won't know for sure till next week ) what I'm looking for is to split a room if someone has an extra bed on hand? The guys I would ride out with would be getting there Thur night. I know this is last min but such is life at this time.  ???

Dave

Pulling for ya stubby. The counterweight can't make it but I think I only have 1 bed. Worst case I can offer a chunk of floor or a sofa if I have one in the room. And no, I'm comfortable in my manhood your just to damned ugly to share a mattress with  ;) :)) :)) :))

Dave or stubby
If you want you can bring a rollaway bed in my room I have me and my wife's boy 99% they gave me a room with two beds your welcome to grab the rollaway in our room

Im planning on arriving Thursday night with mike

Let me know
Charlie

i Called River Pines Told Them I May Have Another Guy Coming They Said Rollaway Was An Option And If Ya Want I Can Make MY Wifes Boy Test The Hardness Of Their Floor You Can Take His Bed

There Ya Go Dave

Charlie

14 hunney washed and clean clean. Packing my trash tomorrow. I'll have 2 size medium t shirts from the AZ Territorial Rally I'll sell for 10 bucks each if someone wants them and put the money towards the raffle or just raffle them off. If anyone wants them let me know. Looking forward to another outstanding SWCOG event! You 'all have a safe trip in and I'll C U in Graeagle.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Weather Looks Great  Im So Excited Might Bring The Harley For Cruise Like Always When Preps For A Trip  Work Always Gets Busier
May Have To Bring Computer with

Usually our hotels supply breakfast or there are an assortment of restaurants within walking distance.
There is no mention on the River Pines web
site. Can someone post what the food situation will be so we will be prepared. Otherwise I'm itch en to get there!

Just Rec'd a shipment of about a dozen membership hand books so if any one needs one let me know (sorry, This ones for members only).

No breakfast is provided by the River Pines Resort.

Here is an online Graeagle Dining Guide:

http://www.graeagle.com/dining.html

For breakfast:  (directions coming from River Pines)

(1) The Graeagle Meadows Golf Course serves Breakfast 7-11, Lunch from 11-4, and dinner from 4-4.  South end of town on the left (about 1/2 mile past Chevron)
(2) The Graeagle Restaurant - Breakfast and Lunch.  7-3.  Middle of town near Chevron on left.
(3) The Graeagle Outpost, limited breakfast and lunch - 7-4. Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, hot dogs, Chili Dogs, Chili (by the Mill Pond, just past the Chevron heading south on 89, on the left)
(4) The Village Baker, Blairsden - Coffee, soft drinks, and a good variety of baked goods.
340 Bonta St, Blairsden - (530) 836-4064 - Turn right out of River Pines and take first right into Blairsden.
Randy   

Randy Brazie said:
No breakfast is provided by the River Pines Resort.

Here is an online Graeagle Dining Guide:

http://www.graeagle.com/dining.html

For breakfast:  (directions coming from River Pines)

(1) The Graeagle Meadows Golf Course serves Breakfast 7-11, Lunch from 11-4, and dinner from 4-4.  South end of town on the left (about 1/2 mile past Chevron)
(2) The Graeagle Restaurant - Breakfast and Lunch.  7-3.  Middle of town near Chevron on left.
(3) The Graeagle Outpost, limited breakfast and lunch - 7-4. Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, hot dogs, Chili Dogs, Chili (by the Mill Pond, just past the Chevron heading south on 89, on the left)
(4) The Village Baker, Blairsden - Coffee, soft drinks, and a good variety of baked goods.
340 Bonta St, Blairsden - (530) 836-4064 - Turn right out of River Pines and take first right into Blairsden.
Randy   
Thanks for the Fine Dining Guide

:))

Ooh! Look... there's a miniature golf course a short walk from the lodge. Is there going to be a tournament Saturday afternoon?  :nananana:

You throwin up a challenge there JP?  :))  Just an FYI I15 between Moapa NV and Mesquite NV is shut down due to the flooding and road washouts. I don't think a lot of folks will be using this but be prepared for more traffic on the alternate routes in SE NV/SW UT.

A list of possible rides for the Scenic Sierra Scramble.

Below are Google Maps links, and I will also have hardcopies printed.  Due to
my mishap on KTM, I will not be able to get gpx files available.  If anyone
has the tools and knowledge and would like to create and share them, please do!!

Please review these prior to arriving so you can decide which hardcopy you need.

As always, you are on your own to decide if you want to create a group to ride
together, or ride on your own.

Note that dinner will be served promptly at 6 PM on Saturday night, followed
by music from 7-10.  Both events will be in the pool area.

Music on Friday night will be from 6-9 in the pool area also.

=============================================
Virginia City Loop (Jim Pavlis and Randy Brazie)
5 hours and 24 minutes
http://goo.gl/maps/bkrie
==================================================
Lassen Short Loop (Jim Pavlis and Randy Brazie)
5 Hours and 2 minutes
http://goo.gl/maps/JGiva
==================================================
Lassen Medium Route (Jim Pavlis)  (UPDATED on 9/9 20:30 PDT)
7 hours and 14 minutes
http://goo.gl/maps/snWXy
=================================================
Lassen Long Loop (Mike Burkey)
8 hours and 1 minute
http://tinyurl.com/ke9qygk
===========================================
Laporte / 49 Loop (Jim Pavlis)
3 hours and 51 minutes
http://goo.gl/maps/MG4L2
Ride around Lake Tahoe (Randy Brazie)
4 hours and 31 minutes
http://goo.gl/maps/ePAHr
Let's ride!!
Randy Brazie    :mad:

Packed and ready to go!  Leaving really early in the morning - heading for MikeB's place in SLC.  :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Y'all have a good time and ride safe. I was hoping to make this one, but definetly not going to do it now after putting a four wheeler on my chest last weekend and cracking/breaking a couple of ribs.

:mad:

I have the GPX files for the Lassen short, Lassen medium, La Porte-49 (or La Porte-Bucks Lake) and Virginia City rides. I'll have my laptop and a micro USB cable. If your GPS requires a different cable, bring it. If someone needs the Lassen Long loop GPX, I can create it on-site.

Sorry you're not going to be there, Tom, I was looking forward to seeing you again.

Y'all stay safe out there.

jp

First big COG event for me.  Looking forward to it.

I won't be able to arrive until Saturday morning.  What time will the various rides depart on Saturday?  With that info, I'll know about when I need to hit the road  to get there before the rides start.

Thanks!

Rides may be organized or not...  I would "guess" people will be departing around 8.  But that's the call of each group; not organized by COG per se.  JP, Buddy, Mikey, anyone:  Any comment on this?
Randy

MJinCP said:
First big COG event for me.  Looking forward to it.

I won't be able to arrive until Saturday morning.  What time will the various rides depart on Saturday?  With that info, I'll know about when I need to hit the road  to get there before the rides start.

Thanks!
Varies by group and what...um.....transpired Friday night  ;). Usually anytime between 7a and 10a. You want to make sure you make it back in time for the group photo and dins. If you can try to be there around 7 to get registered, sign waivers and pick up rally swag.

Agenda for the COG Scenic Sierra Scramble, September 12-14, 2014

Headquarters:  River Pines Resort, 8295 Highway 89, Blairsden, CA  Phone: (530) 836-2552

Randy Brazie (Cell) - 817-368-5866

Thursday, September 11:
    - Early arrivals; Nothing scheduled
    - Dinner for leadership team at 6:30 on the patio at the Coyote (right at River Pines)
Friday, September 12:
    - Arrival day: Checkin from 2-5:30 PM
    - Dinner on your own: I recommend The Coyote (at River Pines) or Cuccias (approx 2 miles)
    - Music by Karl Larsen in the pool area from 6-9 PM, some donated beer available.
      Please no glass in the pool area.  Plastic cups will be available.
Saturday, September 13
    - Riding in the area (printed routes will be available), and have been posted
    in the forum and on Facebook
    - Dinner catered by Neighbors BBQ at 6 PM (in the pool area)
    - Music by Tuck Wilson from 7-10 PM (in the pool area)
    - Raffle prizes will be awarded during Tuck's first break, at approx 8 PM
Sunday, September 14
    - Get away day.  Checkout at 10 AM

RIDE  SAFE!!
Randy

Don't know what I will be doing. Not sure if I will lead a group, either. Depends on what is decided Friday night. Probably head for brek'y around 8AM. Whether that's in town, or 50 miles down the road...

Mike - if you can get there by 8AM, you should be OK.

Old Man - maybe leave some sort of note with the desk?

5 GPX files have now been added to both the COG library and the COG Facebook page.
For the COG Library, go to:  Member Links -> Library -> GPS Files.  They should be at the top (Created by me on 9/10).
For the FB Page, go to the File section.
JP, would you create a GPX file for the Lake Tahoe loop?  Thanks!!!
Ride on!!
Randy

Randy Brazie said:
5 GPX files have now been added to both the COG library and the COG Facebook page.
For the COG Library, go to:  Member Links -> Library -> GPS Files.  They should be at the top (Created by me on 9/10).
JP, would you create a GPX file for the Lake Tahoe loop?  Thanks!!!
Randy

What is this? I gotta do all the work? And I'm not even part of the leadership team. Sheesh! Somebody owes me some drinks since I'm not getting dinner.  ;)

The GPX is attached.

BTW, the one's in the Library result in a 404 error - file not found.  :-X

Attachments

• Lake Tahoe Loop.gpx
    258.1 KB · Views: 99
JPavlis_CA said:
What is this? I gotta do all the work? And I'm not even part of the leadership team. Sheesh! Somebody owes me some drinks since I'm not getting dinner.  ;)

:rotflmao:

Gumby said:
JPavlis_CA said:

That Sir is some funny Shiite! I already owe you 1 or 2 JP for that made for radio voice. I'll buy. Owe you 2 Gman. Get better and stay off 4 wheels unless it has doors. Your getting old dude.

Gumby said:

This from the guy who can't keep his quad on 4 wheels and is bailing out because he has some boo-boos.  At least you used your baby pic.  :nananana:

And so it begins, and we're not even there yet.    :D

Good Golly Miss Molly. As of tonight 67 reg. You folks keep this up we'll be battling the east coast folks for attendance figures! Once again I say so very proud of this membership and your AAD's and Volunteers. Please make sure you thank them for their efforts. Looking forward to meeting and shaking the hand of each and every one of you. Debra G. I have a hug in my pocket for you!  You to JP :) Ride safe and C U There.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

There is apparently a problem with the COG server handling gpz files.  I re-added the files at SSS_ROUTES_ZIPPED.  That should work.
Randy

Randy Brazie said:
There is apparently a problem with the COG server handling gpz files.  I re-added the files at SSS_ROUTES_ZIPPED.  That should work.
Randy

Confirmed - no problems downloading.

jp

The Goldbergs had a great time, perfect weather, great riding and fun fellowship.

It was 107 at Santa Nella on the way home, good thing we were in the truck trailering!

My son Ethan enjoyed beating Jim P. at shuffleboard and felt welcomed by everyone. He let me stay in site as a courtesy on the road.  :motonoises:

As a special note River Pines Resort comped by sons room and bar bill as a thank you for his recent service in Afghanistan.
;)
Well whats happening next? Anything else before Cortez?

Thanks Randy and team for another great SW COG rally! 

I ended up iron-butting it home to Denver.  Google maps says 1057 miles, 16 hours, 36 minutes.  That's pretty much what it took me.  Too bad I did not do the paperwork, I could have had one of those cool Iron Butt Association license plate frames  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And thanks MikeB for putting me up on the way out.  The Utah Wolf Creek Psss is awesome. Just gotta watch out for the sheep.  :))

DGOLD said:
My son Ethan enjoyed beating Jim P. at shuffleboard and felt welcomed by everyone.

Well, it seems Ethan may not have been completely forthcoming. He beat me our first game, but I beat him our second. We needed a third to settle it, but he was, umm, distracted.  ;)  He's a good man, I'd ride with him anytime.

That reminds me... was that you I blew by on 89 heading for Truckee on our way out?

Randy put together a great location, good food, and fun entertainment. Everybody had good things to say about the rally and the recommended routes.

When my eyeballs recover from a ridiculous ride home, I'll work on some pics and post a few.

1st COG Rally wife and I had a great time,food was excellent.All of you left us with good feelings,and not just from singing along Saturday night.Thanks Mark H for the Phoenix bag.Sleep well all.  The Wizard

We had a great time at the Rally!! Great job by Randy and all that helped.  Enjoyed seeing many familiar faces with that same wonderful grin! All the riding in the area was fantastic! BBQ was good and thanks to those who donated the beer keg. It was very refreshing after a full day of riding! See you at the next Rally!

:motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

113 deg EEF through Furnace Creek Death Valley. Will post a photo bucket link soon. Once again Randy and the Rally Team did an awesome job. Had another great time and also again, Cannot say how proud I am of your AAD's and the members of this fine area and club. I truly enjoyed meeting each and every one of you and apologize in advance if I don't remember your name. Be sure though that I will remember your smiling face. As a friend of mine told me that weekend, "memory is the second thing to go". Truly looking forward to Cortez!

denver6 said:
Thanks Randy and team for another great SW COG rally! 

I ended up iron-butting it home to Denver.  Google maps says 1057 miles, 16 hours, 36 minutes.  That's pretty much what it took me.  Too bad I did not do the paperwork, I could have had one of those cool Iron Butt Association license plate frames  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And thanks MikeB for putting me up on the way out.  The Utah Wolf Creek Psss is awesome. Just gotta watch out for the sheep.  :))

Rob you da man! Great riding with you..... :beerchug:

Dang Jim. Great Pics. Make sure you send me the group photo (AZ too). Did anyone else get hit by the parking lot prankster? Got up Sunday Morn and packed. Said to myself "Self, better check". Yep, grip heaters on full and kill switch deployed. Starting to suspect another Bruce now!  :beerchug:

Also, Did anyone get pics of Rob's, AKA Denver 6 right side lower fairing and bath tub bars? Still trying to wrap my head around that. Dude dragged plastic.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Also, Did anyone get pics of Rob's, AKA Denver 6 right side lower fairing and bath tub bars? Still trying to wrap my head around that. Dude dragged plastic.

Without pics, it didn't happen. 

I think he had a tipover and came up with a cover story.  ;)

Nope rode with him all weekend seen the scraps on the lower fairing and his hwy pegs no tip over for sure. The bevel on the scraps are from lean.  :-\

As a new Forum only member this was my first get together with other Concours owners. Gotta say a great time was had by the wife & I. Sorry Jack, Mark & I missed the group going to the park :mad: but Mark & I got there anyway. Great riding there and back  :) The group was great too, as was that BBQ from Neighbors! As soon as I get my membership in and approved, I will have to post for my CDA award and owe a huge apology to Mark from Sacto for nicking his fender on that purty FJR of his  :-[. And Mark, if you see this post please contact me about that... Can't wait to see you all again.
Charlie

Attachments

• Lassen.jpg
    Lassen.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 118
Charlie I think I got email,I found a foot peg actually in emporium 2 pegs for sale but another member is looking for one too,have to check if you both need same.if so then I will buy and take care of you first

JPavlis_CA said:
Old Man on a Connie said:

Without pics, it didn't happen. 

I think he had a tipover and came up with a cover story.  ;)

Here are some pics. 

The thing that caught my attention was that the highway peg was out of place.  You can see where it was before I moved it back.  I guess the force of dragging the right side slide it up the tip-over bar by two or three inches.

Attachments

• IMAG1117-md.jpg
    IMAG1117-md.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG1118-md.jpg
    IMAG1118-md.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG1120-md.jpg
    IMAG1120-md.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG1125-md.jpg
    IMAG1125-md.jpg