• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 SW Regional Rally Ride teaser if you're coming from Vegas or So. Cal

Bullheadbert

Street Cruiser
For those making the pilgrimage from west to east Kingman, AZ is a good place to spend a little time out of the saddle.  For those that will be riding the "Mother Road" east to Seligman, I would like to introduce you to the Mother of the Mother Road, the Beale Wagon Trail Road surveyed in 1857.  Pieces of it and the way points still exist; Atlantic Spring is one of those way points just North of Kingman access available on paved roads for the modern day traveler.

However for the pilgrim it was a desolate, arid, lonely land, where life was measured by the distance to the next waterhole.  Where ancient waters flow from beneath the Colorado Plateau. It was at these springs that life abounds.  It is at these springs today that a parallel universe exists where the Old West coexists with cell phones and Tweets.  But just below in the lonely canyons and draws, when the wind blows across the sand, it carries the sounds of creaking wagons, moving slowly westward from one watering hole to the next.

Photo slideshow:  http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/propertyalchemist/slideshow/Wagon%20Trail%20Road

Atlantic Spring can be accessed from Highway 93, W. Beale St., turn uphill on Betty Lane, turn left on Fort Beale Rd., follow road up approximately 1 mile, turn right on Wagon Trail Rd. continue to the end of pavement, Atlantic Spring is on the right side.

Old Man on a Connie said:
You Scamp.  :)

HELP WANTED
One Sherpa needed, Fort Defiance, AZ to Fort Tejon, CA.
JOB DESCRIPTION
Looking for 157 year old wagon and camel tracks in the middle of nowhere heading west to somewhere
Must be willing to sleep on rocks, put up with wind, sand and desert creatures
Must be willing and able to upright KLR beached whale...mine
Must be willing to put up with a sniveling, whinying scribe...me :mad:
All this and more
Payment, one Mohave Desert Camel Corps sticker  :rotflmao:

What say you  :-[

BertL said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
You Scamp.  :)

HELP WANTED
One Sherpa needed, Fort Defiance, AZ to Fort Tejon, CA.
JOB DESCRIPTION
Looking for 157 year old wagon and camel tracks in the middle of nowhere heading west to somewhere
Must be willing to sleep on rocks, put up with wind, sand and desert creatures
Must be willing and able to upright KLR beached whale...mine
Must be willing to put up with a sniveling, whinying scribe...me :mad:
All this and more
Payment, one Mohave Desert Camel Corps sticker  :rotflmao:

What say you  :-[
In