• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2015/16 Klim Lineup

ghostrider990

Is it just me, or is there a HUGE gap in the current KLIM lineup as the 2016 model year approacheth??

Top of the foodchain is the Adventure Rally @ $1500, and next step down is the Badlands Jacket @ $950.

Not really seeing a ton of options out there (I'm looking at Revzilla) in terms of colors either.

I'm trying to decide (yet again) between Aerostich and Klim, 2 piece Goretex Suits, and having trouble finding the relative $$$ comparison between models.

So, who knows anything about what KLIM is planning on releasing new for 2016, and when???

thanks,
gr

Not really.

When you add in the TERRIBLY overpriced armor, pockets, any custom adds, you are pretty much at the same price point.
Gotta compare apples to apples.  :great:

gr

I don't know much about Klim, but I gotta agree about Aerostich "accessory" pricing. I put the word in quotes because I don't feel like a back protector and hip armor should be "accessories" on an $1,100 riding suit in 2015. But even if they are, $175 is a tough pill to swallow (oh, plus an extra $30 for the fabric sleeves that hold the hip armor).

Check this out. FirstGear Expedition one-piece suit on closeout for $299 shipped:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/tpg_expedition_suit_2014.html

I tried one out, and it's not quite an Aerostich, but it really ain't that far off. I know it's not made in the States, and yes, it's on closeout...but the fact that I can buy this entire suit, including hip and back armor, for only $95 more than the hip and back armor alone from Aerostich tells you something...

But whatever...I guess they charge what people will pay.

I have a Stich and have been very happy with it over the years for riding street in the winter, great suit!  :great:

But I realized the other week that the legs are too small around the bottom to go over my off road boots for riding my new dirt toy KTM...  :(

So I recently bought a Klim Badlands suit (it's even KTM badged which was a nice bonus  ;D), anyways it's a great suit as well and I'm very happy with it so far! It's got tons of pockets, air flow vents, D30 armor, etc. From a technical view it's far more advanced than my Stich!  :great:

I don't think much has changed on a Stich over the decades, which is somewhat of a downside IMO, but I'll still keep my Stich for riding street and use the Klim for off-road, win/win!  :great: :great:

ZG wants, ZG GETS!!!  :great:

Admittedly, you have me REALLY thinking about that Adventure....but then  again, I was thinking about one
some time ago. ;-)

Nice Gear, and thanks for the review.

I think I KNOW what I'm going to be buying now....when I can afford it.

Keep the reviews coming!  :beerchug:

Daytona_Mike said:
Nice find on the Klim gear Jay, or should I say OJ-J :motonoises: :motonoises:

Stalker... :lol_hitting:

I see ya found me and my new call sign over on ADV eh Mike, nice!  ;D  :great:

I also have a Stich Roadcrafter for my road riding but I have found that for doing the off road stuff I just get to warm with full riding gear.

I have a full mesh protective gear like the Alpinestar Bionic includes the back protection and kidney belt, and then have an over jacket if it is cold or wet. I do have Klim pants with hip protection and I wear separate knee protection.

That is some nice looking gear. I just wish KLIM did not have to manufacture overseas. I got to support my Minnesota company whenever I can.

Again very nice stuff.

As is typical for me....when I look spend a certain number of dollar$, I then start one-upping myself into better and more expensive things!  :-[

Since I'm already pushing the $1k mark for jacket/pants components, I'm now simply considering just going for it, and getting the best I can.

THe more I look at the Klim, the more I realize it really isn't made for sport-touring on the road, it's made for ADV offroad adventuring.
I tend to prefer a more European fit with my gear, and now I'm considering the Rev'it stuff.
Really impressed with the versatility and functionality of this jacket.

As much as I've always wanted a Stich, I just don't see the overall value given all the newer features of jackets like the Dominator or the Klim variants.

Attachments

• revit_dominator_gtx_jacket_detail.jpg
    revit_dominator_gtx_jacket_detail.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 112
Ghost,

I'm in the same boat as you. I am finding that I one up myself and now want the best.  Motoport has really caught my eye as far a the most durable gear and a amazing warranty.
I'm in a total quandary on what to buy. I do know that I want a 2 piece.
The Dominator jacket looks quite nice, and it should at that price. Oh, I wish you would have put a price  warning next to your jacket picture above. Wow, it's pricy!

I am ALL about buying the motoport...as a dedicated summer set of gear.
Was going to pull the trigger on this last year, but a job change and move said otherwise -- limited saddle time.

I have another post regarding me purchasing an Aerostich one piece last year, and sending it back.
Just couldn't resolve myself to LOVE it...and that was $1k of suit.
I WANT to buy a Stich, but they gotta get with it.

One thing I don't like about the Dominator gear (and you have to read the fine print) is the pants, and I think the jacket do NOT have all the pre-production venting zippers that were promised/shown in most of the reviews.

Due to price, it's tough to find alot of reviews on this gear, and feedback to the effectiveness.
Also, not a huge fan of Velcro pant cuffs, and for the price -- both jacket and pants should include Chest and Hip armor of equivelant cert. levels.

hmpf....still searching.  :-X

gr