• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 Ride The Ribbon (John Day, Or.)

cbxbob

I know it's a bit early, but I called Dreamer's Lodge (541) 575-0526 and have 10 rooms blocked till Aug. 15.  $89.99 for a single room, $99.99 for a double room, both are plus taxes.
I also called America's Best Value Inn (near the Squeeze Inn restaurant) (541) 575-1462 and have 5 single queen rooms blocked at $98.10, and 10 double queen rooms blocked at $109. they are held till August 1st. And both are plus taxes.
I stayed at ABV Inn last rear, the rooms are more modern, and there is an indoor pool and spa.
I know it's 7 months away, but it would be great to know which YOU would prefer, that way we could decide which would be "Rally Central". And I'll know what to list on the Official Event Calendar listing  :great:
Thanks,
Bob

The event is not on the COG calendar yet, what day or days will the ride occur?  I think it has been held on Labor Day weekend in the past, is that the plan for 2017?  I don't know the area, either location is fine with me.

Hi Steve,
  Ride the Ribbon is a Labor Day thing.  We like to make it a 4-day weekend by starting on Friday.

Charlie

To those who haven't attended but should! Ride the Ribbon is Labor Day Weekend, begins on Friday evening September 1st in John Day Oregon. Everybody heads home on Monday the 4th after a weekend of camaraderie, and fantastic riding through some of Oregon's most scenic roads, Including the Ribbon, Oregon's Tail of the Dragon  :eek: This ride is a Northwest staple. All of the best COG'ers are there, we have the best bikes! And I've heard, and think it's true, that we have the best time of any COG event :beerchug: The Bun Cooler is good too  :great:
The event is Free and AMA sanctioned. And The Concours Owners Group has been very generous to participants of this event in the past, really consider being a part of this long running event. And please vote on your venue choice!
Thanks,
Bob

I just put this on my calendar and either place works for me. Let me know if you need any help. :motonoises:

AFTER voting, checked room rates at Americas Best: $119-129
                                                          Dreamers Lodge $89-99

Don't forget I was not getting the rates off the internet (but I did check), you can pretty much get the same rates just by getting the senior discount if you book now.  The manager said that the rates on the internet can rise with occupancy increases, but she guarantees our rate until August 1st.  And it seems our group rate with dreamers is the regular rate. ::)

Dreamer's hasn't offered any kind of discount to us for several years, so he's not really doing us any favors.

Talked to Bob Rainey today (Island Bob) and Bill Hawley (V65 Bill) both are good with the ABV Inn. So as I see it, the poll as of today is 6 to 2 for ABV Inn. but the poll is still open until the 26th so weigh in !!  And make your reservation.  You can stay where ever you want, but be in John Day Oregon on September 1st. I will have the registration on the official calendar by March 1st.  But you can make your reservation for accommodations before registering for the event. Any questions? Call me at (541) 441-0484, or email me at bobmerg@gmail.com. If you haven't attended this event before I highly recommend you experience the awesome roads and scenery of Eastern Oregon and the comradery of the NW COG regulars that make this event a must attend. This will be my 3rd Ribbon, and after the Bun Cooler, my favorite weekend group ride. 
Bob (CBXBob)

Will miss seeing you at the Cooler Phil,  but will see you at the Coast Range Ramble, any word on the Over the Hill ride?

Thanks Tom, just registered for the event! And already registered for my room. We had a great turnout last year, rode some awesome roads including some that challenged me (don't ask :truce:) Had great times hanging with awesome people. This is a real Northwest staple for fantastic riding, and wonderful COG people.

This is a bump for the Ride the Ribbon Event, in a couple of weeks we will be convening on John Day Oregon for some awesome riding! We also seem to find our way to the annual Memorial Day Flea Market in the former mining town of Sumpter, one of the most popular flea markets in the state, complete with the fried you name it food vendors, and Buffalo burgers  :great: The date has passed for our group prices at the America's Best Value Inn, but if you're a senior, that's the same as the group rate. Hope to see you there!
Bob
541-441-0484

I made a note of it on my registration, but this year's fun budget has been blown to smithereens by home remodeling and entertaining visitors from afar.  I am afraid you guys are going to have to do this one without me.  :'(  I'll have to make up for it next year.

Jami and I are not going to be able to make it to John Day this weekend. Is there anybody else that is already an AMA referee? If not, would anybody that is already and AMA member be willing to watch the Risk Management videos and then fax the Affidavit of Review to the AMA to become a referee?

Link to videos there are instructions on this page for all of this as well. Once you have watched the videos download the Affidavit of Review fill it out and fax to (614)856-1921

COG AMA charter #06256

Any AMA members attending the Ribbon? If so your help is needed! Call or text me @ 541 441-0484
Thanks, Bob

Hello Riders of the Ribbon;
I made a double queen reservation at the Americas Best Value (headquarters hotel) for Friday, Sat & Sun evenings.  My friend planning to share the room had to back out due to other obligations.  Is anyone else interested in sharing a room at ABV?

Hope all had good time and will post a tale or two from RtR 2017 - and maybe  show a photo! 

My computer skills are failing me. have tride to post 3 times now with pictures, no luck. Will try again later  :truce:

It's back up for sale.  Take delivery of a White 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT next week.  Here's the craigslist post:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/2003-honda-goldwing-abs/6516189691.html

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
WingCon said:
NinjaBreadMan said:
Dan - I posted a batch of pictures on the COG Facebook site. Here's a link to it:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10155649366543311&type=1
Nice job Steve!  BTW, placing an order for the new Wing the day it's announced.  Oct 24th probably.

What will you do with the current wing?