• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 Run With The Wolf - Registration is open! September 9th - 12th.

silverfoxxx

I just thought of an interesting ride destination for SATURDAY. The Dawsonvile Pool Room in downtown Dawsonvile, GA. Home of the Ga stock car racing “mafia” and longtime supporters of the Elliott racing family. The Bully Burger, fries, and shake are the go-to lunch. Lots of old racing stuff on the walls to look at.

It’s south of Dahlonega on Hey 9 in Dawsonvile (NOT Dalonega) as you come into downtown. Hey 9 was the old moonshine running road into Atlanta and is a nice sweeper ride.

I’m going to shoot for being there Friday about 11:30 if anyone’s interested. Probably leave about 10:30 from the TWOS parking area. (Not a fast rider, I like to enjoy the curves…)

Edit: (Saturday not Friday)…
Ron I’ll ride lol.

mattmagee3096

I just thought of an interesting ride destination for SATURDAY. The Dawsonvile Pool Room in downtown Dawsonvile, GA. Home of the Ga stock car racing “mafia” and longtime supporters of the Elliott racing family. The Bully Burger, fries, and shake are the go-to lunch. Lots of old racing stuff on the walls to look at.

It’s south of Dahlonega on Hey 9 in Dawsonvile (NOT Dalonega) as you come into downtown. Hey 9 was the old moonshine running road into Atlanta and is a nice sweeper ride.

I’m going to shoot for being there Friday about 11:30 if anyone’s interested. Probably leave about 10:30 from the TWOS parking area. (Not a fast rider, I like to enjoy the curves…)

Edit: (Saturday not Friday)…
I'll likely be there.

btw... did someone mention Awesome Bill from Dawsonville?

img_2000_729.jpg

SteveJ

Not to jinx this but the weather looks stunningly awesome. Arriving Wednesday, camping over with the other RVs.

mattmagee3096

Just to put this out there since it's "close"... There's a WERA event at Road Atlanta this weekend.

bugnut

That sound like a cool ride sir. I'm in for that. My NASCAR nut of a brother in law will be jealous!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Lots of fun at the Dawsonvile Poolroom today with a dozen friends, followed by s visit to the Ga Racing Museum and the Moonshine museum.
90841D5B-CC86-468E-8E56-BE0A057E88BC.jpeg

mattmagee3096

I'd mentioned this to somebody at lunch yesterday. Below is a link to a Youtube video with Brian Johnson of AC/DC. The Dawsonville Pool Room is at about the 6:30 mark.

connie_rider

Must be Fast Eddie.
No one gets any stranger.. (err, except for Victor)

Looks like a good time is being had by all.
Wish I were there with you.

Ride safe, Ted

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Vic actually behaved himself. (I think)🤣
There were some interesting moments…

Strawboss

Well, friends help you move, REAL friends help you move bodies. Just sayin. Had a great time, saw old friends and made new ones. As per my travelling luck south, I got a flat tire Saturday morning and with the help of 2 guys, Joe and Allen? plugged it up at the lodge parking lot and rode the day away and home the next 2 days 660 miles.