• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2023 Spider Ride September 14-17 Registration Open

G-Mazz

It's time to get registered for the 2023 Spider Ride. https://concours.org/event-5165798

The Spider Ride is the largest North Central Event which features great riding, great meals and the great connections made between the members who attend. This is one of the last events of the season so get registered now and bring a friend.

The Spider will again be held at the Huzzah Valley Campground. Details are provided on the registration page or follow the link: www.huzzahvalley.com to reserve your space. This is the place to be in September so get motivated and BE THERE!

Only 13 signed up. Is it just because Joane and I aren't on the list ? We will be signing up soon.

Here are the some of the rides available at the Spider. It is a zipped folder and contains the routes in 3 different formats. Streets and Trips - .est, Garmin - .gdb and generic - .gpx. If you have trouble I will be at the Spider and can help you get them on your device then.

Attachments

• Routes.zip
    262.7 KB · Views: 52
As if you need another reason to attend the Spider Ride beyond the awesome roads, food, friendships, now the Museum Trip; Jeff Kerkow has volunteered to provide a tech demo on programming new TPMS sensors for your bike. He has agreed to bring an aftermarket automotive sensor and will anyone who attends the Spider Ride how easy it is to create a clone of your existing TPMS sensor that will work with your C14 without using the Kawasaki KDS software. AWESOME STUFF! Spider Ride: September 14-17--get registered now so you don't miss out.

Thanks Jack for organizing a museum tour for those attending the Spider Ride. This is a really great private collection of motorcycle and motorcycle memorabilia. I hear the owner of the museum will be there to greet members of our group.

We have 40 riders registered for the Spider. The weather is looking good, mid-50's at night and mid-70's during the day. Thank you to everyone who registered. Don't forget to bring your own chair for the campfire. Travel safe to Steelville and I'll see you Thursday late morning.

Planning to be there Wed evening. Wimped out...bringing our vacation home with me.
Hey, in case there's anyone who's interested, my brother is sick and won't be making it, so there's an open registration spot.

Got back to MN 12 hours in the RV.
Thanks so much to Gary Mazzola and all the volunteers who make this a spectacular event.

Attachments

• P9160297 (Small).JPG
    P9160297 (Small).JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 67
That's a motley looking group right there. Wish we coulda been there (my retirement paperwork goes in this week). Hopefully next year.

Many Thanks to Gary and his most excellent band of volunteers!

The weather was great for 4 days and 2000 miles! The roads were clean and smooth with even some new asphalt! The food was wonderful, plentiful and served with a smile!!! Tony is smiling at us all!

What a great time! Thanks to Gary and the others that worked so hard to make it that way.
The roads are great, but that's NOT the best part of the Spider Ride.
Guys, I took some photos over the weekend. I'll apologize, as I mentioned, this is a "new to me" camera and I'm still learning how to use it, so some didn't turn out we well as I hoped. I created a Google album and they are in the attached link.

What a great time! Thanks to Gary and the others that worked so hard to make it that way.
The roads are great, but that's NOT the best part of the Spider Ride.
Guys, I took some photos over the weekend. I'll apologize, as I mentioned, this is a "new to me" camera and I'm still learning how to use it, so some didn't turn out we well as I hoped. I created a Google album and they are in the attached link.
Thanks for sharing the photos. It was good to see the Silva Boy's

Thanks to Gary and everyone who helped out. As always, this is a great event. Excellent roads, foods and COG members make this a ride not to miss.

The weather was excellent and even though there were a couple of tip overs, no one was injured. Once again, a total success.