• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2024 MotoAmerica Races at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course August 16-18

ONOBob

After ~ 20 years Super Bike Racing is returning to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course.
Weekend admission is $85 advance (3-22) / $95 after 3-22. $105 at the gate

Campsites include 2 weekend tickets.
Reserved RV ( track side) $470
RV campground $ 420
Tent $245
No hookups at any site.
The infield has first come first serve viewing mounds - MC access free. Bring your chair and sit anywhere ya want
Infield pass for cars is $40 for the weekend
Get tickets here. https://www.midohio.com/tickets/motoamerica

I will check into the local hotels and campgrounds in the next couple weeks and update.

This event is now in the North Central Events Calendar

It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a Superbike Race in person.
I'm looking forward to it

Went to Roadamerica with my brother a few years ago- fun time!
Did they leave out a decimal point on the RV and camping rates?

Went to Roadamerica with my brother a few years ago- fun time!
Did they leave out a decimal point on the RV and camping rates?

Unfortunately no.
That price does include two weekend tickets worth $170.
“Reserved RV” sites are trackside and Only a few are left this year already.
Next year, if we have enough interest I might rent one and set up a couple tarps with tables and chairs. Some of RV reserved sites have fantastic track views.

As of now my wife and I are planning on leaving the national on Friday morning and have a reservation at the Super 8 Ashland for Friday and Saturday nights. Camping wouldn't be an option for us. I am holding off on the race tickets because we are also in the lottery for tickets to the Banana Ball baseball games that weekend.

Sigh.....I remember the days of pulling up to the gate on my KZ550A and getting weekends tickets that included a pit pass for around $45 with camping down the road for $7/night. True, I made $12/hour but my pay in relation to that hasn't gone up that much in 35 years.

I just called Clearfork Marina and campground. Located a couple miles north of the track

1. RV campsite is $50 per night
With water and 30 amp service
Dump station on site.
Only 4 sites are available
2. tent camping is primitive with bathhouse
$5 per person per night
Only 6 sites available

Cash only
Call 419-884-2877 to reserve

If the RV spots are filling up, they are not overpriced. Free market at it's best (or worst for us cheapskates).
We're unlikely to go, at least this year, as my wife will need to be back at school following Monday. Maybe next year.
It sounds good and is not too far from me.

In all fairness, back in the 80's and 90's bike racing and many things we take for granted now was not the same. To bring that level of racing to Ohio or anywhere takes money, money for the racers to make bikes to race at that level, money to broadcast it to the people who want to watch it, insurance, liability, advertising, media, PR, etc...AMA also does not run these races anymore, it's not a club atmosphere where guys show up in a van and the riders wrench on bikes to midnight with a borrowed engine from somebody else, this a REAL racing at it's world finest, that takes REAL money. Passing along the cost to spectators at $40 a crack won't hack it. If you want to see world cup racing, you will pay world cup prices. That is reality.