• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

21st Annual Hunt For Red October

ManWorkingHere

Friday-Sunday,October 9-11–21st Annual Hunt For Red October.

The Hunt continues its wonderful tradition of the last major ride for the North Central Region of COG.

For the 21st annual running of this popular event, we’re including a third riding day for those that can join us on Friday at the Don Q Inn in Dodgeville. We’ll still meet for lunch on Saturday at the Sparta Family Restaurant at the intersection of I-90 and Highway 27 in Sparta, so that those who can’t break away on Friday will be able to meet the rest of the group and then ride a variety of great southwestern Wisconsin roads to Dodgeville as usual. Dinner on Saturday night will again be at Sam & Maddies next door to “ride central” at the Don Q Inn. The Don Q Inn is possibly booked up by now but try them and see if you can find a room close by.

Planning to attend the annual HFRO event from Southeast Wisconsin? I will be going up to Sparta on Saturday for lunch and riding down along the Mississippi before going to dinner in Dodgeville. Anyone interested in riding with me can join up in Delafield/Wales (McDonalds on the hill) at 8:00a.m. that morning.  I plan to take the Merrimac Ferry across the Wisconsin in case you'd to meet up there.

Let me know if you’d like to join enroute to work out a waypoint to meet.

Even if you are not attending the dinner or staying overnight, you are welcome to ride out to Sparta for lunch and return wherever you'd like to ride.  Weather forecasts look cool and dry for the whole weekend.

See you there!   

Matt

Looking forward to this!

I'll be riding in from Grand Rapids (MI).  Meeting up along the way in with AB (from Detroit) and Flat-Spot (from Indiana).

Will be arriving en mass at Dodgeville sometime Friday afternoon.

Wooooot!

I may have to try to sneak off for this ride!  Not far from home.  Just not sure what the family plans may be yet.

Anyone staying into Sunday afternoon, over night and riding Monday?

Will be up that way Sunday by early afternoon.  Riding all day on the alphabet roads north and west of Dodgeville, staying Sunday night at some yet to be determined place in Boscobel, or, of course, the Don Q if folks are staying there.  Riding all day Monday to probably the IA side of the river then down on CY9 and back over into SW Wisconsin and continuing east to sleep at home for work Tuesday.

Happy to lead or follow / all or part.

Riding up from KY tonight, at lest part way maybe stopping in IL for the night - then into WI tomorrow afternoon. First time attending the HUNT looking forward to a great weekend..... :great:

anyone leaving Milwaukee area or riding through Friday ?

also anyone leaving Dodgeville sat morning for a northern route, did the new Glarus area last year and thinking some northern route might be nice?

Back in KY -  Great time -  Great hospitality -- Great people -  Cya all in 2016 @ Nationals - Absolutely be back next time around.....

Mitch

This was my first HFRO ride, and it was awesome! The roads are just killer, and I had a great time rubbing elbows with y'all.

Definitely on my list for next year!

I saw the pics, nice job. Thanks. One thing though, what are all of those brown bottles for at the supper table? I don't think we have a use for them in the southeast COG area.  :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :))

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Wow, what a blast. It's gets better every year. 805 miles of fun.
Thanks to all that help put this classic event together. Great to see everyone old and new.
The Twin Cities Crew had a little fun on Friday not far from the Don Q Inn.
A back road turned to loose gravel with no signage to warn us. :-\
I happened to catch it on video. VERY thankful no one went down. Must be all that experience on two wheels.  :great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou80I8P7o0

Flat-spot said:
http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/markak1245/library/HFRO%202015

Had a great time.  Joined Alan B. for the ferry ride to avoid Chicago.  Tim, sorry you couldn't join us. Rough water & windy, but no pukin'.

Awesome pics Mark! Having a real camera helps. Good for you taking the Ferry across the lake.
Glad you could make it to HFRO. I will be working on a better Saturday route for next year and will wait a bit at the turns. The horse started to smell the Barn...or Beer as it were.  ;)

It's a big camera, but it's a 14 yr old antique for digital.  Todays phones do as well.  And I don't know what I was thinking,  not flipping up the flash for the banquet.  Those could have been MUCH better.  :(

Hey you guys said what happened in Dodgeville stayed in Dodgeville  :'(
I found this on The Chive at work today. lol

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/these-people-are-the-masters-of-fall-fashion-24-photos-22-e1447442329635.jpg?quality=94&strip=info&w=600

SubCool said:
Hey you guys said what happened in Dodgeville stayed in Dodgeville  :'(
I found this on The Chive at work today. lol

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/these-people-are-the-masters-of-fall-fashion-24-photos-22-e1447442329635.jpg?quality=94&strip=info&w=600

It's not me. Mine is Silver.

Nope, not me. My bike is a 2005 ABS. The one in the photo is newer. The dash and mirrors are different.

Also, I don't own women's underwear and I wouldn't ride without protective gear. If you think those legs are ugly now, imagine them covered with road rash.