• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2300 miles and one annoying small sound...

rhahn57

Hello All,

Love the bike and the notchy tranny seems to be quieting down now. Have one annoying thing I have yet to solve, however. At about 3200 rpms (speed independent), I can here a sound similar to a cell phone on vibrate mode. Have not zeroed in on it yet but if anyone has seen this one please share. Other than that, my only complaint is washing behind the windshield but that's just a gripe not a real complaint.

Buddy and I are taking our bikes down to the Keys for a little fishing (...both group up there) - nice little 5 hour cruise from mid-Florida...

Rick

Check around your dash. Some times snugging bolts Holding the dash cluster and maybe adding insulation solves this! A lot of us have had this. Mine did it from day one. But It never bothered me enough to tear into the bike trying to solve it!

My 08 had the buzz. I removed the windshield and the black cover to get to the backside of the instruments. I tighten the nuts which solved the major problem. I also found where the black cover was rubbing and vibrating.  Put some form tape on it. All was good.