• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

26 April: Coffee Meet, followed by a ride and a unique opportunity.... (NC - WI)

ManWorkingHere

Seen on the Sport-Touring.net board for Region 4: (This is not a COG event, but maybe you'd like to meet Peter Egan)

26 April: Coffee Meet, followed by a ride and a unique opportunity....
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:11:50 AM »

(( Updated again.  Major road construction in Cross Plains forces a change in venue.  So...Blue Spoon is it! 

Bring your appetite...and your telephoto lenses / field glasses...you may spy Bald Eagles perched on the bluffs overlooking the river / waiting for "their" breakfast...)

(Updated to properly identify where in Cross Plains  Prairie du Sac we will meet for Java!)

Coffee in Prairie du Sac, WI  10:00 AM

Blue Spoon Café
550 Water Street,
Prairie du Sac, WI
http://www.bluespooncafe.com/home

Ride to follow...

...as for the "Unique Opportunity..." 
I'm planning to be in Black Earth by 2:00 to attend a talk by Moto - Journalist Peter Egan.  Details here...
http://www.bepubliclibrary.org/

2wheelrush said:
Hey Matt. Are you doing both? I'm thinking about going to black earth. :great:

How did you do?  Did you make it?

I was celebrating my (first?) grandchild's baptism with a party that day.  I did ride Saturday to a GSSF match near La Crosse so the weekend was not totally ride-less. :)

Hey Matt,

I made it to Black Earth on Sunday and saw Peter Egan speak.  It was standing room only by the time Peter began to speak, and he shared stories for almost 2 hours.  There were a lot of motorcyclists there, but I didn't see any other Concours.

Mark 

Sorry to have missed Egan's talk.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Mark.

Are you meeting in Coon Valley at Ken's house later in May?  I will be riding over there possibly via Spring Green.

ManWorkingHere said:

Are you meeting in Coon Valley at Ken's house later in May?  I will be riding over there possibly via Spring Green.

I didn't see it on the calendar in May, but I would be interested.  I'll check with Ken and see if he needs help posting the event on the calendar.