• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

29th RWTW Rally

WooHoo!! Bugnut great job. Room was booked after last years RWTW Rally. Just registered for the rally. Great location. Great friends.

Hey, that's a mighty fine looking 08 concours in that last picture. Must be from 2019 or before.

Mike, I stopped by there this past Saturday and Carol said we were not on their list of events.....hmmm.

Bill

Just checked buddy, we're on their calendar. Reached out to Carol just in case and she confirmed we're good. Thanks for checking.

Screenshot_20230614-073305_Bing.jpg

Where you at? We're having a blast up here!! Miss ya!

20230610_125140.jpg

Mike

I will check dates again, but it's very doubtful I can go to RWTW.
Every year, I have a Model T Tour at about the same time.
The T-Tour schedule keeps me from being able to go to RWTW every year.

Last edited:
Been a busy summer and not a lot of riding time. But... I've only done this event once and caged it.
Looked at registrations. Only 5?

Been a busy summer and not a lot of riding time. But... I've only done this event once and caged it.
Looked at registrations. Only 5?

Rick, we're old & slow. It'll pick up, plan to be there it would be good to see you again.

Always a good event with amazing roads!

13 now! Ok, I needed to register too!

So, small bump for one of the best events in the South East! Just a little biased. :D

Mike

13 now! Ok, I needed to register too!

So, small bump for one of the best events in the South East! Just a little biased. :D

Mike

A friend of mine / non COG member wants to come.
The registration page / change reservation option / takes me to an email to you, email will be sent later today....

Some more (2-3) of my friends / non COG / are also considering coming. They want go to "Wheels Through Time"
Question for you......How late can I register them?
Thanks
Bob

I had that problem and went into settings to turn off the pop-up blocker. It worked in windows 11 after doing that. Dont forget to turn it back on. I had also tried my phone and tablet, none worked.

I had that problem and went into settings to turn off the pop-up blocker. It worked in windows 11 after doing that. Dont forget to turn it back on. I had also tried my phone and tablet, none worked.
That did it. Nver had to with Chrome before but who knows. Latest security update could've done it. Thanks!!

Spoke with Carol last evening. They are anxious to have us. We'll need a head count for the Saturday meal close to the date of our cutoff. So get the word out, reg now!
Thanks!

Mike

Anyone gonna do some adventure riding? Would like to bring my, new to me, WR250R to ride the trails in the area and would like some company as I'm not familiar with them.

Anyone gonna do some adventure riding? Would like to bring my, new to me, WR250R to ride the trails in the area and would like some company as I'm not familiar with them.

Forest Service Road 42 is just down from TWOS and runs 25 miles across north Georgia. Great road, Go the other way north on 60 and roads go off there too. Lots of dirt roads in the area.

Tick, tick, tick!

We have 30 registered, 35 anyone? Few more to push it up for a heck of a time at a bargain price!

Hoping to get to not just a second ring around the fire, but a 3rd!

Mike

Really looking forward to seeing a lot of old names on the list, and meeting new (to me) ones.

PS- I've been 'holed up' in Palm Coast, FL helping my Mom take care of my Dad since his major stroke in Oct-2021....and I thought my day job was challenging. They moved back to NJ a couple of months ago...Dad in an assisted living facility and my Mom in a condo. Besides getting back to COG events, I'm not sure what to do with this new-found free time. I salute all who have done it before me and will do it after me!

Last event was Doug's track day 2020.

Looking forward to this years RWTW. Been a few years since I have attended one.
Will be coming up on Tue and staying till Sun camping.
Will be riding a 2020 Africa Twin (Red, White & Blue).
Looking forward to reconnecting and yes I am now retired.

For campers, do we just show up then register with TWOC or call ahead? Just curious. Still planning on going but work is itching to have me cancel this.

Just show up. They’ll run you a tab and you can pay at checkout if I recall correctly. Bugnut may have a better answer.

Yeah, pull into the other entrance where trailer and campers are. Let them know that you're there and when you check out of course and they'll charge you for those nights. When I trailered up a few years back and camped in my RTT on the truck, I just let them know I was on that side and my 5 night total when I left. Easy peasy.

Mike

Looking forward to this years RWTW. Been a few years since I have attended one.
Will be coming up on Tue and staying till Sun camping.
Will be riding a 2020 Africa Twin (Red, White & Blue).
Looking forward to reconnecting and yes I am now retired.
Congrats on the retirement. I also anticipate a Tuesday arrival.

Last minute decision, I will be arriving Tues. as well. The wife has been sick & I need away from the house! I'll be on old faithful & in cabin #2, I'm splurging even though the wife is not coming.
Wimp!;)

(This coming from a guy that usually trailers behind a motorhome).

Leaving in a bout 20 minutes, when my coffee is gone.

Anyone riding in from NC or SC?
I'm heading over from Greer, Rick. But trailering, on Wednesday. Have several boxes of stuff so need the space to haul it all. And I don't think you want to wait for a slow-ish SUV in the twisties!

See y'all there! Lots of add on people this year at last minute (and a number after last minute! :cool: ), 40+ is really good in my book!

Mike

Still trying to make a last minute decision on whether to come. I’ve been out of town a lot the past couple of weeks and not sure of my work is going to appreciate me being gone again but I’ve missed the last few rallies after not missing a RWTW rally for more than 10 years. Haven’t nailed down a place to stay yet. Anyone looking for a last minute roomy to share a cabin or other nearby lodging? I would be coming up Thu.

Still trying to make a last minute decision on whether to come. I’ve been out of town a lot the past couple of weeks and not sure of my work is going to appreciate me being gone again but I’ve missed the last few rallies after not missing a RWTW rally for more than 10 years. Haven’t nailed down a place to stay yet. Anyone looking for a last minute roomy to share a cabin or other nearby lodging? I would be coming up Thu.

The Fannin county (Blue Ridge GA) chamber of commerce used to maintain a cabin rental list and you can also check with the one in Blairsville GA for recommendations.

Enroute
Stopping for the night in Knoxville to see a friend. Be there midday tomorrow 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 51
Trip cancelled. No back brakes. Had them adjusted back for track day. Went to adjust up and piston bottoms out. Too hot and too late to dig into this.
Either have air in line or piston is shot. No sign of leaks anywhere. Not rocket science but if parts are needed it’ll be down a few weeks

Sorry to hear that. Were u tenting or had a cabin reserved? Someone was looking to see if someone needed a roommate.

Thanks to you all for coming, not crashing, not involving cops and for dealing with Rain with the Wolf Saturday night. Whew, that was a gully washer!

Pics I took coming up soon.

Mike

As a NEWB to.this rally (not the group) I was blown away by the fantastic riding in the area. I had gone to the national in Helen, but somehow missed most of the twisty roads near the rally headquarters. This event had been on my radar since the national, but life got in the way. It was great seeing so many familiar names from the forum, and putting faces to those names finally! This is a must do event, if ur a camper, it's perfect. If ur not theres plenty of nearby hotels and cabins to stay at. And if ur adventurous there's plenty to do, from zip lines to white water rafting, and did i mention the roads....!!

Great rally, great location and bugnut and helpers nailed it... !!!

I had an interesting experience on the way home. I was passing through Eagleville Tennessee and was going passed a grass airstrip where the fly sailplanes out of which is right beside the highway. I noticed in my peripheral something keeping pace with me and it was someone landing a sailplane and we’re close enough to wave at each other. Remember the scene in Top Gun when Tom Cruise is running beside the F-14 on the Ninja, we’ll kinda like that……. But a whole lot slower🤣

As always, a great time and great people. My new tent works great for a southern thunderstorm. As always, I was really impressed with some of the serious sportbikes that stop in, some new stuff and some old stuff I've never seen on American roads.

Coming down last Wednesday, I broke a big NO-NO rule for me. I tried to make time and rode through a thunderstorm in Ohio. Curvy road, nowhere to turn off, no overhangs, not too bad until the lightning started to get a little too close and I was a bit alone on the road. YIKES. It happened kind of fast as it was an isolated, heat related cell. I won't do that again, I promise.

A true testament though to how strong and popular COG is the fact that all weekend I only saw maybe four or five C-14's and maybe two C-10's, the rest a wide selection of Adventure type bikes ridden by folks who like and support COG and want to continue this great club no matter what they ride.

Last edited:
Another great SECOG event, and a good choice to end my hiatus! Nice job Mike!

Smoothest ride home in years. 85 all the way thru Hotlanta, then 70-ish all the way to the coast. It was 100° after lunch, but a good ride nonetheless.

No, Bob, you are misguided, I spent 32 years in the drivers seat of various pumpers and ladder trucks, compared to those, this is luxury.😁

....and don't forget those Barco loungers in the day room...lol. pure torture, especially on Sundays during football season...miss my boys and girls!!

I’m bringing the vintage bike.
Considered going new school / View attachment 36674View attachment 36675installing my spare Givi trunk.

But…. Nah… gonna keep the old gal original and stay old school.

She just looks better 😁
Back in my KZ life. 76 900, 78 650, rear wheel just propped in there for pic. 900 on the road gettin some therapy in.

Attachments

• img137.jpg
    img137.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 42
  • img138.jpg
    img138.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 41
  • img144.jpg
    img144.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 38
  • img279.jpg
    img279.jpg