• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

3/18/23 Roy's Horse Country Ride & Eats

Connie girl

Meet up at Darrell's dog gone good food ( @ intersection of Routes 27 & 225A Westside of Ocala, Fl) for an 8:30A breakfast.
9:30 kick stands up for a 122mi, roughly 3 hr ride thru back country roads & horse property areas.
Finish stop= Yearling restaurant in Cross Creek, Fl
Numerous hotels in area for those not wanting to leave home at O dark 30.
MSTA person suggested: Equus hotel.
For tech savvy- START coordinates:
29.22817- 82.234719.
END: 29.48637- 82.162084

Last edited:
Hello all. Some of you may be familiar with my type of road selections because between 2006 and 2012 I led a number of forum posted rides with the format of breakfast or come for kick stands up, followed by the best roads in the area, followed by a good lunch, and if wanted a departing ride in the direction of a few.
My roads are curvy and scenic. One of the most often comments by folks were that they had lived in Florida for years and they didn't know Florida had these types of roads head to tail.

For instance, this ride has 47 different roads and although they cross twice they never cover the same section. I hope to ride with you on the 18th.

Thanks Roy for the comment.
Explained it so much better than I could have written. Jo/conniegirl

Last edited:
More COG “horsing around.” Love it! Wish I could come. Thanks for setting it up.

These roads were an important part of a ride we did out of BMW/DUCATI of Jax February 2022 and we had 75 riders show up. We had to split into 3 groups of 25 and the roads were loved. Come out and enjoy the day.

Roy Rides(tm) are way cool. I expect to be there.
Thanks Steve. Always enjoyed riding with you from meet ups at your house. Did a couple rides trying to make up for your absence fighting closed mountain passes back in 2017 but they could've used a Steve.

Possible CANCELATION PROCEDURE:
I've been watching the forecast for Saturday since this ride was posted and not only has the rain probability percentage been very high but the accumulation expectation has been heavy. It is not uncommon for things to change by Saturday so check back here...
I WILL MAKE A DECISION AND POST IT HERE BY 6:00 PM FRIDAY WHETHER THE RIDE IS CANCELED OR STILL HAPPENING.
Thank you. Roy

MY DECISION IS: This ride is CANCELED because the weather forecast remains nasty and too stubborn to change. SORRY.