• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

3D Printed Model

Ugh too bad you have to pay to download the files! Not sure if anyone wants to be the first to try this then share with everyone here. Or if anyone wants to split the cost and share...

I saw that and thought the price was not bad, but it is for resin printers and only have the plastics and nylon-based machines. Looks to be 1:12 or maybe 1:8, just based on a gut feel and a couple of M/C models I have built.

Does anyone know if they make a scale model of the zg1400 aka gtr1400, or the zg1000. (C14 and c10) . I'd be very interested in locating both if they were ever made...

Does anyone know if they make a scale model of the zg1400 aka gtr1400, or the zg1000. (C14 and c10) . I'd be very interested in locating both if they were ever made...

Besides the file to print a 3D one, I did find these..

....sorry I should have said a scale model kit. These are the 3d printer files. I'm looking for an unassembled kit from Revel, or tymiko, that u put together with modeling glue and paints..

....sorry I should have said a scale model kit. These are the 3d printer files. I'm looking for an unassembled kit from Revel, or tymiko, that u put together with modeling glue and paints..

Oh Sorry.. I thought they were already 3D printed for that price, and you just ordered the kit..

I've downloaded the files, and added the link to my Dropbox in my original post. ^^^

Debs

Tried to download - I don't have access to the file.
Was going to ask the mechanical designers or model shop to run a sample for me on the SLA.

Tried to download - I don't have access to the file.
Was going to ask the mechanical designers or model shop to run a sample for me on the SLA.

Although it says Resin Printing, would it be possible to print with plastics and nylon-based machines??

Last edited:
I'm not sure where the creator of this file said that the purchaser should share the file with as may people as they wanted. It's only $15 folks, show the guy some love and pay him for his work. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard on this forum.

I'm not sure where the creator of this file said that the purchaser should share the file with as may people as they wanted. It's only $15 folks, show the guy some love and pay him for his work. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard on this forum.
There's way too many people that undervalue technical and IT work. DAMHIK

Hi Konehead34. As far as I know, no plastic kits of the C14 exist. The closest you'll get is the Ninja 1400 in 1/12th scale by Tamiya. If you are brave, you might have a go at scratch-building the necessary mods.

Let me preface that I do not use a 3D printer, but have been around them for a long time due working in new product development. At work, the mechanical engineers and industrial designers utilize 3D printers (mainly resin). I showed the 3D model to one of the industrial designers. He was intrigued with the amount of detail in the 3D model parts. He felt that it was most likely created from scanning the parts. His team recently purchased an Anycubic Photon M3 Max resin printer. Most work related 3D prints he does are not as finely detailed as this bike model and he wanted to experiment to see how well the printer works.

One of the interesting things I learned is that individual 3D part .stl files contain location metadata. This allows all the model files to be imported and the software will assemble them in the correct place as one whole complete 3D model.

The printer has a build area of 298mm x 164mm x 300mm. I calculated that the max build area can yield roughly a 1:12 scale model maximum. It is my understanding that most 3D model drawings are scalable within the printing software. He maximized the model size to the build area. After reviewing and analyzing the end result 3D print, he presented me with the model.

At this scale, some parts are quite thin, and there was a deformation of the windscreen. The rear reflector attachments were so small it was the first thing to fall off due to handling. Also, one of the software added supports can still be seen behind the fairing above the headers.

IMG_4329.jpg

Even with small paint brushes it will be difficult to paint I suspect.

Many of my model kits are done by painting parts before assembly, left on the sprue for easy handling.

Even with small paint brushes it will be difficult to paint I suspect.

Many of my model kits are done by painting parts before assembly, left on the sprue for easy handling.

This was really an experiment in using the 3D printer for me and the Industrial Designer. If I really desire to build and paint a model, the ID guy suggested and offered to print the parts individually and scale them up a bit. Will see.