• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

52nd Birthday Ride Tucson, AZ

CoachTony

I know many of you are a long way away, but if you happen to be close enough...Please help me celebrate my 52nd Birthday, and go for a fun, scenic ride with some fun twistys along the way! I am new to the area and love meeting other riders.

On Saturday the 24th I will be riding out from the In-N-Out Burger at 11545 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley, AZ 85755 in the Oro Valley Marketplace. Meet up at 9:30am, and KSU at 10am!

We will go North on HWY 77 through Oracle, and Mammoth, with a stop in Winkleman. Then we will go North on HWY 177 to Superior, then heading East on HWY 60 through Globe with a stop for lunch at Nurd Burger: https://www.facebook.com/nurdbergercafe. We will turn back South on HWY 77 back towards Winkleman with a short gas stop just in case! From there we will head back to Oro Valley.

For safety I would ask to not do any stunt riding in the group. I tend to ride 10mph or so over the speed limit, and I enjoy picking it up in the twisty sections! There are some great long flat straights, plenty of curves, an awesome tunnel, and plenty of sites to see.

I will be riding my Kawasaki C1400 Sport Touring bike. All bikes are welcome as long as you can ride freeway speeds. We will stop along the way for people to catch up.

Facebook Event Link!