• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

85 fj

That's a great looking bike!

I bought one new in 85, I would love to have another as it one of my favorite bikes.

Those were good motors. Not the most powerful but good enough and really reliable. A miniature race car series called Legend cars, used the 1200 exclusively. I believe I remember that the Legend organization had Yamaha build 50 motors for them to use. I knew a guy that did my head work that moved to Charlotte just to modify and build motors for the Legend organization. He was Gary Scott's brother and built Gary's motors.