• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

8983 penske rear shock install help please

JS_racer

Street Cruiser
hey guys, any tips or advise here installing this shock?? concerns are how and where to mount the reservoir so it doesn't get pinched. any pictures or ideas here would be great.  My second concern is the ride height. some have mentioned that their bike was up to 1/2" taller ?? OK, they will build my shock 1/2" shorter and i can get the height back with the adjustment, just cant make it lower if not ordered that way. Soooo any tips or advise on how to measure the ride height to see where the new one gets me vs the stock one ?? Or just have them set it up say the 1/2" lower when they build it ??

i am purchasing the shock, and doing the install; that will save me $200+. my forks are coming off again, getting disassembled and inspected and the cartridges sent to traxxion to inspect the valving, and revalve like the ak-20. with springs, holders, top out springs,... If anything looks not good, i have no problems tossing the ak-20 in there. (sux cause i did the gold valves last fall, spring recommendation was miles off, seemed it was just lesser degrees of not bad, not greater gains on great)

thanks much for the time,
Joel