• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

'92 question

mailman

Big Wheel
Hello; New guy here, looking at getting a Concours. Posted in the Intro section too. Anyhow, a question. I'm looking at a (seems clean) '92. Has 52k miles on it. I know these bikes are capable of many more miles than that, and in 18 years, that mileage isn't bad. But having said that, should I be concerned with that many miles ? I've bought many used bikes over the years.

No I would only be concerned with the care it got in the 13y. Tanks rust Carbs clog old oils rot things... Photos[/url]

I've been a COG member for a little over a year now....my bike is a black 93, that had 29k on it when I bought it last April...so far; I've changed oil/filter twice, and mounted a travel-trunk on the back...it runs like a Swiss watch, and has given me NO trouble whatsoever....you cannot compare a modern, well-maintained, water-cooled bike (mileage-wise) with the air-cooled bikes of yesteryear...50-60k is nothing to worry about--do you consider your CAR (i.e. your Honda, Subaru, or Toyota) "used up" when it hits 50k? Of course not! Good luck with the 92, and welcome to the COG fraternity!

I bought a '92 w 60 K last Nov. The bike had sat for 5 years. Before I brought it home I had a dealer rebuild the carbs and replaced the plastic at the carbs, oil, air filters etc. They test road checked. They said the tank had rust but installed two inline filters. In changed the final drive oil, brake fluid and clutch fluid. I hung two two new ME 880 tires on the rims. Bought a bottle of Back to Black and wind shield cleaner she looks great. I've put 2500 miles and she runs great. Its a blast. Other than having the dealer check it the next smart thing I did was join COG! Great web site info.