• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A couple of thoughts & a BIG thank you!

Just Cliff

First & foremost I would like to say thank you to the kind soul that found me worthy of this nomination.  ;) I have no idea if it was man, woman or beast, 1 nomination or several. So THANKS to you! I am honored, flattered, humbled & excited all at the same time for this chance of a lifetime.

There has been some beggin & pleading for votes on everyone's part. Not to mention a some friendly ribbing & poking fun at other nominees. All my plea for votes have been right here with the members of COG. No other forums or FB from me. I did find out my oldest daughter posted something on FB. Don't know what, as I have not been by her house to see or have I asked.  I don't do the FB thing as many of you know. So if by chance I'm selected, it's because the members of COG did it.  :beerchug:

I was really sorry to see Dan drop out. He was very deserving even though I didn't know him, I did meet him a Barber a couple years ago. He had many years serving this club & held many events. It had to be a tough decision on his part & I wish him the best.

Whatever the outcome maybe, I'm good with it & just proud to have had the chance at it. Have just been having fun with it.

Voting ends at midnight tonight. So get those votes in if you haven't already. Preferably me, but mostly just vote!  :)

Do your part to keep this amazing program going. Donate, volunteer or host a traveler.  :great:

I'd like to also say a big thank you to who ever nominated me and voted for me. Like Cliff, I'm good either way as I have a plan B should I not be selected. It's been fun campaigning and poking fun at the fellow nominees and unlike our current political climate, it is good to see that everyone sees it for what it is and doesn't take offence.

Should I meet the other nominees down the road, I will be happy to buy them the beverage of their choice and toast to the winner!!

And if you have not voted, please do, if not for me then for one of the other fine nominees!!

TCARS

I'd like to also say a big thank you to who ever nominated me {but, NO ONE DID} and voted for me {but, NO ONE DID} .  :p
Un-like Curt and Cliff, I'm good either way as I 've already made an Eu Ride..    :rotflmao:

Aw heck.    Ya'll all know I'm kidding.
  This has been a great election with a great group of candidate's!

Whomever wins this year is gonna have a GREAT Time!!!
    Best of luck to the Real Candidates!!!

PS: It's been fun campaigning and poking fun at the real Candidates.

It was also good to see that all the candidates let me pick on them.
        I don't think any of them took {too MUCH} offence.
              {Hopefully no one is gonna beat me up?}

Should I meet the REAL CANDIDATES down the road, I will be happy for them to buy "me" a beverage of my choice
        and toast COG and the real "OtP" Team!!

If you have not voted yet, what the heck are ya waiting on??

As there is Only a few minutes left.
    {Someone/"anyone"} "please",,, send a write-in VOTE FOR TED!!!
  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Well I did receive a PM & found out who nominated me. He is a n/c member, 1 of the 2 regions that have adopted as theirs. He'll be here for Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6, so I'll owe him a beer or 12! The 1st to do so was the s/e, sometimes they make feel special & call me honorary.  :)

The 50/50 drawing we hold at all HMR events typically does well for OTP. It's occurred to me there will be 4 nominees in attendance so far at this years event including myself. Even though 2 had to drop out. So I'm guessing the 50/50 drawing should do well. Another member has told he's bringing a new womens Kawasaki jacket to auction off.  :great:

If Kurt should get selected I'll have to do something special with his favorite camping spot. Valet parking, dancing girls, his own private porta john, Kay may not approve of dancing girls though.

May have to just have to make a simple cake like Al got back in 2015 I think.  :)  Al will get jealous if Kurt gets treated better, he is sensitive ya know.  :rotflmao:

It's been fun y'all & may the best man win!  :beerchug:

It has been a lot of fun even though demands on my time have reduced the amount of fun-poking I have been able to do. To the person who submitted my nomination, my sincere thanks.

BUT, even though Cliff started this....you still have about 7 hours as of this writing to VOTE FOR ME FOR OTP!

Cliff, wish I could make HMR this year, but I have to save up my vacation for OtP :) :) and the National.

Seriously, good luck.

Just Cliff said:
If Kurt should get selected I'll have to do something special with his favorite camping spot. Valet parking, dancing girls, his own private porta john, Kay may not approve of dancing girls though.

May have to just have to make a simple cake like Al got back in 2015 I think.  :)  Al will get jealous if Kurt gets treated better, he is sensitive ya know.  :rotflmao:

I think you should do this regardless if I win or not, just because!! BTW, Kay won't mind the dancing girls.

TCARS,

Almost all the candidates were nominated by more than one person and from more than one region.  This was the biggest, most qualified field I've ever seen.  So, Cliff, you ain't really special compared to the rest.  ;)

MotoCommuter said:
Ranger Jim said:
So, Cliff, you ain't really special compared to the rest.  ;)

Well, he is special.....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ok... voting is over, we can't do this anymore... we all have to play nice... :rotflmao:

darn it... I never got to use this last night...
https://youtu.be/Wgi5hdHDVAk
http://youtu.be/Wgi5hdHDVAk

In all seriousness, I do want to thank everyone that participated, voted, and donated (and those still donating ongoing) for their support..
my birthday is Thursday... so if I don't win, you can still send me large sums of money... as a birthday present.... :great:

All the candidates that were nominated are well deserved to go.  Cliff you're an awesome guy.  Ed, you're one of a kind.  So whoever the winner is, they are going to represent COG well.

Irene

Like Cliff, I also would like to thank whoever nominated me.  I am sorry that I had to drop out, but still feel honored to even be nominated.

Regards,

Bob Sherwood