• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A Slide in the Rain?

Hi,
        Wow! 118 views and no comments? ::)

That might be a record! :(

I thought it was an interesting little vid.

I liked the way the MC followed eveyone else, down/across the hiway! :great:

Good thing there was no oncoming traffic at the time! ;D

Attachments

• gabrielle-cliffords-bmw.jpg
    gabrielle-cliffords-bmw.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 152
seagiant1,

well now its 118 views and one comment?  :DW

I think that it has been posted before ... let's hope that doesn't happen to us ...

I'm glad they're ok and agree having all the proper protection helps!  :great:  If it weren't raining, I'm sure it would've been worse though.

Hi,
        Well...I've never seen it (the vid) on this forum, but..... ::)

I dont know why they went down on a straight away? :(

A slide I guess is better than a tumble...as long as you don't hit anything! ;D

Attachments

• tumblr_nlfzggSwEw1rxd5pto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlfzggSwEw1rxd5pto1_1280.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 137
seagiant1 said:
I dont know why they went down on a straight away? :(

It looked to me that there was an abrupt move made right before they went down.
Like they were avoiding something in the road or didn't pay attention for a few seconds and then over corrected
when they woke up and saw themselves drifting.  Maybe they touched the front brake to hard?  It seems something had
to happen as most motorcycles don't fall over for no reason.  :-[

or perhaps front wheel hydroplaned?  who knows.  girl's helmet was ill fitting.  should not have been moving around like that at all.  wet surface helped their slide.  less friction.  they might have tumbled, but would certainly not have slid that far.  dry pavement creates more friction and quicker stop!

..and yes, sliding like that IS fun as long as you don't make an abrupt stop.  try it on a track with good leathers sometime!  :great: :)

Maybe hydroplane like Sport Rider said. Bad tires?
I lost track of the bike almost looked like it slid past the girl between her and the concrete barrier at the end of her slide.
Lucky it didn't hit them against the jersey barrier.

After looking at it a couple of more times I think the bike caught up to them and went underneath at least her and plopped her back on the pavement.

Hi,
      I think everyone came out ok! :great:

You can see the guy helping the girl up! :eek:

I would not post people getting hurt on the forum, that was not my intent of course. :(

I think it does show that protective gear is called on to do it's job in a split second! ;D

Attachments

• tumblr_nv91qvchyd1r8u8zpo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nv91qvchyd1r8u8zpo1_500.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 147