• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Added the Concours Still Have The Vee Strom

calboy

Mini Bike
Any of you that shares the same experience? How do you feel about keeping both bikes? Does it make any sense at all? I'm getting kinda sentimental over the Vee but I know I will have to sell it. There's no need for both bikes, or is it?

Sentiment factor only you can answer.
Does the Vstom allow you any diff riding  than the Connie? I like the WeeStrom and had a great 99% pavement adventure on one  but still a street bike with more suspension IMO.
I have a C10 and  a KLR650. Diff riding at times so they are both keepers for me.

Same for me. I Like having different bikes for different riding moods. It's nice being out in the wind more when those hot days come along.  ;)

I have both. Not sure if you have a Vee or a Wee, but mine is a Vee. I like the riding position and torque of the vee a little better, but for off weather riding, gimme the Connie. I would keep it if you can, but that's just mee.

I currently have two and would like to have a cruiser to round out options.  I suggest keeping it if you can.  Over time you may find it being used less or more and that will help you answer the question yourself.

in the mean time, enjoy the rides.

2Fast said:
I have both. Not sure if you have a Vee or a Wee, but mine is a Vee. I like the riding position and torque of the vee a little better, but for off weather riding, gimme the Connie. I would keep it if you can, but that's just mee.

Mine is a Vee also. It took me about a month and a half to pull the trigger on the Concours. I went back and forth in my mind a zillion times, and a zillion times I said to myself that I didn't need no Concours and that I was perfectly fine with the Vee, only to find myself the very next day contradicting myself again, thinking that I truly needed to buy the Kawasaki and get it over with. I bought the Concours promising my wife that I wouldn't have two bikes in the garage again, two times the expense for insurance and maintenance, etc  I've already dropped some bucks into aftermarket stuff, from windshield to bar risers, to a new top case rack. The other day I caught a break in the weather, it's been pretty stormy in Northern California for the past four or five days, and I took the Vee out for a little spin around the block, like first time in about ten days or so, and I fell in love with it all over again. I have to constantly remind myself about the promise I made to my wife and I feel bad, because believe it or not I am very attached to the V-Strom. Attached like I haven't been to any other bike I had, and I've had plenty. My decision making process totally sucks but there's nothing new. I paid dearly in the past because of my "big bite" syndrome, from cars to bikes , to cameras, to whatever one may think of. The country is going down the drain fast, millions of people have lost their homes and  don't have jobs anymore, there's poverty and hunger in the world, and I look at my pathetic moments of indecision and "pain" over how many bikes to keep and I think to myself; what an idiot! I truly am an idiot. Totally lost and clueless...

And by the way, I am going to Russell on Friday to have the Day Long Saddle made for the Concours. A set back of $ 800.00 when everything is said and done.

I also like both my bikes. My little 07 m50 boulevard is a
blast to ride. Since having my 08 c14 ABS (July) my
riding on my m50 has improved. It's great fun in the
twisties. It was my first new street bike. I learned to
ride on it. I washed it all the time. I can't imagine
selling it. I have two switchblade windshields,hand
  deflectors,sissybar,luggage rack. It's set up for year
round duty. Also gets 50ish mpg. But it would go before
my c14. It would be real hard to tear it from my
kung-foo grip. :mad: :))

Other than the ability to ride different bikes when the mood strikes you. An important benefit (to me) of having more than one motorcycle. For example: We had a COG ride scheduled to take place. Well the motorcycle I had planned on riding had an unexpected trip to visit the dealer. Had I not had more than one motorcycle, it would have screwed up this particular ride (for more than just me) I was leading and planned it. But having more than one motorcycle really came in handy then. I just hopped on the another motorcycle and rode that one.
So other than being able to ride different bikes for which type of riding and mood suits you. In the example I posted, it allowed me to still participate and enjoy riding, when things didn't go as planned with another bike. Of course it something folks have to weight out for themselves. Sometimes circumstances do not allow for the luxury of having more than one motorcycle. Heck sometimes they don't allow for one motorcycle. My point here was only to point of some of the benefits of owning more than one motorcycle if possible. I do understand that it may not be possible for everyone. So IMO, yes it is a luxury.  :-*

I kept my SV650 after I bought my C14 -- love them both too much and the SV didn't cost me much, so why not keep it too?

I use my m50 for alot of trips to town. Getting mail,
groceries,auto parts. I have a kuryakyn grand tour
bag. I have picked up car batteries,small barbecue
grill, one time i went to Lowe's  and got a shop broom
and sqeegee. I look like one of those third world
riders at times. For me the second bike actually saves
money I believe. Except eventually there will be the
high dollar maintenance at which time i will have to
decide what to do. But these bikes are cheap so I can't
see how you can loose?

Keep the shiney side up

Chuck

I still have my sv650 as well as the c14. I like the sv, its a great bike but as time goes on I find myself riding it less and less.  The c14 is harder to roll out of the garage. Otherwise, its far nicer...even in town. Great storage, great brakes, speed, handling, and comfort.

+1 on having multiple bikes to choose from in the stable, having only one bike to ride/farkle/forum etc would be boring...  :73:

If you want that get married, watch Jeopardy, and be in bed by 10...
sleep1.gif

When i bought the C14 i have a DRz and a 750 Nighthawk.

I kept the DRz for dirt duty and the blast aorund town.
even considering taking the DRz to bike week this year ...

What can I say or do when the replies are so overwhelmingly in favor of keeping both bikes? I wasn't left with many options so I decided to keep them both. The encouragement was greatly appreciated.

I don't know how you could have decided differently given how wise all the responders are.  :rotflmao:

(I don't think you'll regret it though)  :)

I had every intention of keeping my SV650 when I got my C14 for around town use.  After a few months, however, I always found myself taking the connie no matter where I went.  So I sold the 650. But I do hanker for a bit of a hooligan bike to balance the sophisticated competence of the connie...so I see a speed triple one day parked next to it!

I decided that the Connie satisfied all of my high-tech motorcyle needs so recently picked up a modified 1975 Harley-Davidson Shovelhead for those lazy springs days when I do not want to go supersonic.

Attachments

• 1975Shovelhead.jpg
    1975Shovelhead.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 55
I bought the Connie to replace a 2004 VT1100 Spirit....  It's been on C/L for a month and if I dont sell it, I'll ride it too! 

I doubt I'll ever get rid of my KLR650 - It goes places and does things that neither the Shadow or the Connie can do.