• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

aerostich elkskin roper gauntlet gloves

Sininja

After searching for most of the summer for a nice set of gloves I finally broke down and ordered these out of the stich catalog.  I stopped at a local gear vender a few times trying on tons of gloves in all price ranges and styles.  I couldn't find anything I wanted my hands to stay in for longer than a few minutes.  So on to my quick review...

I got over 500 miles on them now, and I'm very happy with them.  Super soft leather, comfortable at 45* through 80* (so far the most extreme weather I've used them in).  My friends thought I was crazy to spend that much on such plain looking leather gloves until they pulled them on.  Order them snug because they break in a little!  Would definitely buy again.

The Aerostitch catalog folks are pretty intense about trying to provide good tools to get you the right fit.  You say to order them a bit snug, but is that compared to what the measurements provided, or is it compared to your usual glove size?

I've been using them for almost 10 years. Order based on the size their chart says you wold wear, soak them in water and wear them 'til they dry. Makes for a perfect fit.

Love my 'stich ropers too.  I never expected to use the squeegee as much as I do.  Works great! 

Catalog put me at a size 11.  I exchanged for a size 10.  Still have yet to do the wet/try method but they fit really nice for now.

I have the competition ropers with the velcro strap, prolly the best gloves Ive owned. 

tried the gauntlets and they are a bit tight getting my hand in but otherwise just as good as the ropers. 

another good one is the lee parks deer tours, bit thinner than the elkskin from aerostitch but a topnotch spring/summer/fall glove

get the aerostitch triple glove covers to keep your hands dry, they work.

I've had the gauntlet elk skin gloves for over ten years. Went through an "un-scheduled" get off, a few scrapes on the gloves, but nothing bad. I love em'. Would buy another set in a heart beat!

I have sveral pair of Stich gloves. Not cheap but yougetwhat you pay for.  Have a pair of roppers for over 15yrs.  Washed them last night ( they are washable is mild soap!).  Best pair of gloves I have ever owned.  Easy exchange if you get the wrong size.

Ordered my first pair of ropers this fall
Best pair of gloves Ive ever had  :great:
I never ordered them before,  I was being cheap on the short run :mad:
Ordered size based on sizing chart fit was spot on

Hi,
        Well admittedly I'm a Motoport guy, but have to say the Black Ropers look pretty good. :great:

Have a good pair of Olympia gloves but they are starting to get long in the tooth! :(

How are the Ropers for protection? :motonoises:

Attachments

• 440_4a_1.jpg
    440_4a_1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 104
I have the unfortunate luck to have very long, very narrow hands.  I've yet to find a good pair of gauntlets that fit well -- the ones that are snug enough on my fingers and hands are too short, and the ones that are long enough end up feeling too baggy.  How much room to customize does Aerostich give you with these?  I think it'd be well worth the investment for better hand protection if I could get a pair that fit my hands better than an off-the-rack set.