• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Alternative light mount

cragantler

While putting the panels back on, a thought came to me. The mounts for the front tip over bars would be a possible attachment point for a bracket/ mount for lights.I don’t have tip over bars, it’s only that I was researching where they attach. I like the location due to lowering the lights and not having to alter the fairing any.
I’m thinking a light enough bracket so any “falls” would not have a structural damage risk. Now to just figure how to attach and where. The lower mount where both the bars/ highway pegs go looks quite doable. Searched for photos of the area but if anyone has closeup shots, that could help.
Have a week off soon so may dig into it. When I’m not riding😂😎

Last edited:
a nut is welded with silver solder on the metal collar of the trade ;)

1696787984-2020-12-17-10-33-52.jpg

1696788048-img-0032.jpg

While putting the panels back on, a thought came to me. The mounts for the front tip over bars could be a possible attachment point for a bracket/ mount for lights. I like the location due to lowering the lights and not having to alter the fairing any.
I’m thinking a light enough bracket so any “falls” would not have a structural damage risk. Now to just figure how to attach and where. The lower mount where both the bars/ highway pegs go looks quite doable. Searched for photos of the area but if anyone has closeup shots, that could help.
Have a week off soon so may dig into it. When I’m not riding😂😎
Post a pic of ur mounted tip over bars on the bike,.so we can visualize and brainstorm with you..

Post a pic of ur mounted tip over bars on the bike,.so we can visualize and brainstorm with you..
I don’t have tipovers, I’m only trying to use the same mounting points as them. I believe the lowers go into the radiator framework, I’m needing ideas of where and if it is possible to fabricate a light mount using their attachment points.

The leg is easy to make, but it is also necessary to make a spacer, a longer screw and disassemble it is not easy to lock the nut from behind.
The pitch of the screws is not standard, at the top no problem, replace screws and nuts against at the bottom it is necessary a special screw there is a tapping in the bracket of the radiator, no nuts.
at first I made the spacer with welded nuts and then drilled my son my manufactured machined spacers.
Especially at disassembly do not misplace the flat washer between the breech and the frame if there is a.

1696815045-20201210-103015.jpg

1696815126-2020-11-7-10-16-3.jpg

1696815176-20201215-100322.jpg

1696815245-2020-11-7-10-2-4.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, here a question. Am I correct in that that the top mount’s bracket attaches to the head at the circle in the photos?
My thought is to fab a small bracket and attach a tube for a light. As this project progresses, photos will be posted.
Thanks, DougC9987B35-E111-4D38-90F6-6D386F503450.jpegA872D7D5-48FB-408D-AE6A-5EC6D703FAE4.jpeg

FB thanks, I wondered if the double welded nuts had another purpose.

Off topic but I have to ask.... FB Do you weld a nut on to the tip over bars to bolt too? How do you attach the TOB's to the offset brackets?
I can't see how from any pictures so far.
thanks
Wayne

FB, I assume it’s me ?

TOB, I don’t see what it is ?
The translator does not take abbreviations into account.

Does the link help you ?