• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

An excellent article on braking

muskoka

https://eatsleepride.com/c/220260/advanced_motorcycle_braking_techniques_for_the_best_cornering#bookmark

MUSKOKA, the article won't open.
I'd be very interested to read it.
I get a blue line that streams across the top.
Nothing else will open.

Ride safe, Ted

Ted you need to skip a trip and save for a decent computer.  Yours never seems to work.

smithr1 said:
Ted you need to skip a trip and save for a decent computer.  Yours never seems to work.

It ain't the computer.
    I know for a fact that it's the computer "operator"!
              And, I'd rather do a trip than spend $$ on a computer.

Besides this one is almost new.
    It's only about 5-6 years old..
  :13:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: hmmmm, It opened this time. Bob, did you fix it for me?
        But it sez to use the Rear brake first.  :-[
            With my stupid (2014) linked brakes, I don't touch the rear brake!!
      errrrr, Speaking of trips; Anyone interested in riding the Alp's next year??
          I just "happen" to know of a way to go..  O:)

connie_rider said:
smithr1 said:

It ain't the computer.
    I know for a fact that it's the computer "operator"!
              And, I'd rather do a trip than spend $$ on a computer.

Besides this one is almost new.
    It's only about 5-6 years old..
  :13:
Ted, if you bought your computer within the past week, it's new. Any longer than that and it's old by today's standards.

Did you reboot it before trying the link the second time? With Windows, reboots fix a lot of problems.

funsize said:
Can someone please explain what BRIPPING technique is?

Irene
Irene, bripping is rev matching while downshifting. I've mostly heard the term, blipping the throttle. The idea is that you want to briefly increase engine RPMs while the clutch is disengaged prior to engaging the clutch for the next lower gear while decelerating. You probably already know the concept, but were curious about the author's term.

Renders fine with WIN10 64, Firefox, i5.

Ted is probably limping along an OLD 486DX4 with Netscape on a 14400 bps dial up account.

Yea, I'm feelin' it.. <gloom>

I mentioned the 5 years old because I know that is old.
NOTE: The problem is not the computer. It's the operator.
          Finally being retired and I don't have to use computers every day, means I only have to know e'nuff to get by.
              So,,,  I'm coasting......  :nananana:

Plus, I'm tight. 
ie; If it ain't broke, don't buy another!!

Ride safe, Ted

[/quote]
Irene, bripping is rev matching while downshifting. I've mostly heard the term, blipping the throttle. The idea is that you want to briefly increase engine RPMs while the clutch is disengaged prior to engaging the clutch for the next lower gear while decelerating. You probably already know the concept, but were curious about the author's term.
[/quote]

Thank you for the explanation Jim.  I was already doing it I just didn't understand the author's term.

Irene