• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

And the OtP traveler for 2019 is???????????????

What-do-ya-mean,,,, "One" of the current Nominees ??

Err, uhh,,,,, That's about 10 people!! {and "Ted"}  :-\

I thought we wuz voting on the "4" Candidates . {and "Ted"}.

I KNOW I wrote-in votes for one of them. {12 times}  :great:

Ride safe, "Ted"

There, I fixed it for ya...……….
    Glad I could help...…..

Ride safe, "Ted"

Old Man on a Connie said:
And the OtP traveler for 2019 is ???????????????
One of the current Nominees 
        :) :)) :)) :)) :))    "Ted"        :) :)) :)) :)) :))

Well, I tried to build some tension and anticipation but........... I would like to thank what I think is the strongest field of accepted nominees that I have seen for a long time. The total votes cast were over 160 with some very nice comments attached for each of these fine nominees. The donations are currently over 3k on the USA side. Each and every one of these nominees whether accepted or not are all deserving. I personally thank them all for a very well done campaign. I would also like to thank the OtP USA team of Jim Culp, Pam and Russ Saunders with a bone thrown to Ted (who I have lovingly renamed "Burr under the Saddle"). So without further ado YOUR 2019 OtP  Traveler is Cliff Burnett COG# 9547 of the SC  area  :beerchug: :1rij:. Your runner up is Rich Riczinger COG#5977 of the NC area. Again Congratulations to all of our nominees. Each and everyone is deserving. Thank you to each and every one of you that participated in the voting process and exercising your member benefit's and each and every one of you that have donated to the great program that is OtP! Let the planning begin!

Congrats Cliff!!  :Woot_Emoticon:

I hope you have a wonderful time!

All the other candidates made it an interesting vote to say the least.  :beerchug:

Congrats Cliff.  It's a shame you couldn't all go OtP because all the nominees were deserving and have done SO much for COG.

Thanks OMC, Ranger Jim, connie_rider and all those that did the count, donations, etc.

Proud to be a part of this OG! :great: 

Grats Cliff, :great: :beerchug:

I bet you are going to have to brake in to a few corners over there.

:)) :)) :)) :great: :great: :great: :beerchug: ;)

Conni-Gratulations Cliff.... :great:
don't know how ya pulled it off, but Congrats still...
Now I'll post up that Kaw Banner I have, for auction, for ya...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
let me know ahead of time if you are planning to twist :motonoises: an ankle, or otherwise to make me "have to fill in" a runner up...

and if you need help filling out that passport form, just ask me, I'll make sure you have the right info filled in... :)) :)) :)) :)) having just done this... :-X :-X :rotflmao:

and THANK YOU ALL for voting, especially you folks that voted for me...(I know you love me.. you proved that clearly...).  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

keep up the donations also, I was surprised to hear "how High" they were at this point  actually... ya'll are doing a fine job...
(it must have been all those strange people I made "donate to get to vote...")  :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

If I find out Ted didn't stuff the box like he promised me he would, using black magic, secret sources, and 100 falsified e-mails, from cats and dogs, and dead folks from obits in newspapers... and I lost by 2 votes... I'm reallllly gonna be mad...
:nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

TED>???????

:a102:
    I think there was a typo!
                "I" was supposed to be the Winner, "and" the Runner-up!!

Ok, ok, OK!!! I give up...
I want to congratulate Cliff and Rich. 
                      :sign0103:

I guess ya'll whupped me....  :'(
But, I ain't mad (much).

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Mark, I'm glad you finally announced it.
        I was almost out of stupid things to post!! {almost}  :D

Hey Jim.....  :p :p :p :p

This may be a real eye opening experience for Cliff.  :eek:  He will discover that beer comes in FLAVORS.  :-\  Not that Budweiser doesn't have a flavor :sign0137: but ... . :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Congratulations Cliff and to the runner up Rich!!

We did have a great group of nominees and all are deserving!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Great job Cliff and Rich. Two(2) years ago 2 COG-America people went. Is it the same this year or only one?

In any case, rub the foot pegs off that Vulcan you will be riding.

Congratulations Cliff! Nice to see a high mileage guy win this trip.

PS- Hope to make your soiree in May.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Congratulations Cliff!  :great: :beerchug:  :great:  Show 'em how to put some miles on a bike.    :motonoises: :motonoises:

Thank you for the nominations & all the votes that got me here. No campaigning on the other forum or ADV for me, I stayed right here on COG. So y'all are the ones that put me here.

Enjoyed the friendly rivalry & the hard fought campaigns by the nominees.  :)

Thank you again & I owe it all to COG! I will do my best to represent COG.  :beerchug:

:) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises: :) :motonoises:

Congratulations Cliff.  Jorge and I couldn't be happier for you.  All of the nominees were great.  Have fun and enjoy those European curves.

Irene

Congratulations to Cliff and Rich. Have fun in Europe. While skiing Austria in January, I discovered some excellent roads to ride. You two are going to have a ball.

Oh, the food and beer are excellent. The portions are huge, so you won't go hungry. The people are great and they know how to drive.

Enjoy!

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Great job Cliff and Rich. Two(2) years ago 2 COG-America people went. Is it the same this year or only one?

In any case, rub the foot pegs off that Vulcan you will be riding.

As far as I know, just the "winner" will be travelling... it is part of the streamlining (that was kinda needed), to insure a truly covered trip, money wise. with the least personal cash outlay on the traveler(s). I fully supported that idea, so I'm not heart broken over it. As "runner up", I'm just on the sidelines, as a "fill in" person.. If anything "changes",(like somebody donates another $4k..) I'm sure the OtP crew will make it known, but as of now just one bike, and lodging/plans to house, one person, is where it stands currently.  :truce: :'(
It's also all up to the "winner" which "plan" they want to schedule, the "early trip" or the "later trip"...  both have great options, and final venues... the first trip includes the "tour de Twistiess", and the Treffpunkt gathering, but may incur snow in the mountains, and it's a pretty intense schedule... the second option, ends up at the GCE rally...(Big Boss Hans' baby), a little more relaxed schedule, and the weather is nicer...

Cliff's got a lot of decision making and planning to do, I'll tell ya that right now...
His plate is full for sure... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
(most people don't know just how many things ya gotta get done in the short time period right now....)

Rich is absolutely correct. The OtP team agreed that we would "officially" only send one traveler. IF someone wants to "tag-a-long," they are welcome to do so but it will be entirely at their own expense.  They will have to register for the respective rallies, find their own motorcycle, fund the trip, etc.

Part of this perspective is also due to the request from the GCE.  The GCE is much smaller than COG and not as formally constructed.  It is harder for them to find motorcycles for additional travelers to use and to find hosts.  By having only one traveler they can devote more resources to supporting the traveler.

Congrats Cliff! You are and shall be a great representative on behalf of COG.

You need to train with some St. Pauli Girl Salvatore before you go.......those Teutonic ales might as well be a 16 lb sledge on you. :beerchug:

Naaahhh. He needs to acclimatize by drinking some of my home-brewed mead (AKA: Honey Wine) the drink of the Norsemen!  12-15% ABV. Two will have you :singing:

Ranger Jim said:
Rich is absolutely correct. The OtP team agreed that we would "officially" only send one traveler. IF someone wants to "tag-a-long," they are welcome to do so but it will be entirely at their own expense.  They will have to register for the respective rallies, find their own motorcycle, fund the trip, etc.

Part of this perspective is also due to the request from the GCE.  The GCE is much smaller than COG and not as formally constructed.  It is harder for them to find motorcycles for additional travelers to use and to find hosts.  By having only one traveler they can devote more resources to supporting the traveler.

:)) :)) :)) :))

well, like I said... if "another $4k pop up outta nowhere... you guy's "could" re-evaluate...  (after all, I did make sure I had the "required $2k pocket money" socked away in the firstplace...)

:great: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and Ted said he would pay for my flight.... :)) >:D >:D >:D

Once again, you are absolutely correct. IF "another $4K pops up outa nowhere." Where's that $1.5B lottery winner when we need him?  Okay, he was in SC but IT WASN"T ME!  :'( 

Cheers Cliff and Rich!

Hope you're both able to go -- it will be the trip of a lifetime. I still daydream about riding through the Alps, Passo Stelvio, rain soaked cobblestone streets winding into ancient castles, drinking amazing beers, telling stories and having everyone but Mark jovially looking at each other wondering what the hell the American was saying -- way too much fun.

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about training for the food. I lost 10 pounds on the trip -- and it wasn't all from the surstromming.  :))

Ranger Jim said:
Naaahhh. He needs to acclimatize by drinking some of my home-brewed mead (AKA: Honey Wine) the drink of the Norsemen!  12-15% ABV. Two will have you :singing:

Ooooh, near future road trip...?

On TDY FLA bound.

MAN OF BLUES said:
Cliff's got a lot of decision making and planning to do, I'll tell ya that right now...
(most people don't know just how many things ya gotta get done in the short time period right now....)

I have more things to think about & plan than I ever imagined. Definitely a little overwhelming for my simple mind.

Rather it's a short 2,000 mi. 3 - 4 day ride or a 7,000 mi. 14 day cross country trip. My idea of planning is enough hand written notes in the tankbag to get me through the 1st. day. Typically done the night before departure. A hand full of maps for every state I think I'll be in. Yes it causes me to occasionally ride longer than planned because I can't find a place to camp.

Just Cliff said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

I have more things to think about & plan than I ever imagined. Definitely a little overwhelming for my simple mind.

Rather it's a short 2,000 mi. 3 - 4 day ride or a 7,000 mi. 14 day cross country trip. My idea of planning is enough hand written notes in the tankbag to get me through the 1st. day. Typically done the night before departure. A hand full of maps for every state I think I'll be in. Yes it causes me to occasionally ride longer than planned because I can't find a place to camp.
You got a team behind ya brother. Here to help.  :beerchug:

Cliff, congrats on winning. We will be expecting to see a slide show at the RWTW of your adventures in Europe. Enjoy ever second of the adventure.  :great: